How do I keep from getting alerted on unused interfaces

Unanswered Question
Mar 23rd, 2010

Hello,

I have a quick question.

I am evaluating Cisco Netmgr for monitoring our network. One of the things that I have noticed is that we get alerted for down interfaces on ports that we aren't using. This is true for routers and switches. It seems to me that we should be able to tell the software not to alert us. The usused interfaces are shutdown and I applied the "no snmp trap link-status" command. However, I still get alerted on it.

Not only am I trying to stop the alerts, but I don't want it to show up on the status netmgr web page. I tried to refresh, rediscover, acknowledge events, etc, but not luck.

How do I stop getting alerted on this? It's not too bad yet because I only have a handful of devices. But, after we purchase it, we are going to be putting 50 or more devices on it and I think I am going to wind up with a million emails.

I do, however, want to know when an interface (that I am using) goes down on a router or core/distribution layer switch.

Is this something that is done from the device (ie router) or from the netmgr software?

Thanks,

Ben

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion