cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual PCs not working after WLC upgrade

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading my 2106 WLC I was reported that some virtual PCs stopped working. Even though the users could not assure that this fact affected the virtual PCs.

So I wonder if there is any known bugs that might be related with this.

Also, I tried some different versions but none fixed the problem:

AIR-WLC2100-K9-4-2-112-0

AIR-WLC2100-K9-4-2-207-0 (current installed version)

AIR-WLC2100-K9-5-1-163-0

AIR-WLC2100-K9-5-2-193-0

AIR-WLC2100-K9-6-0-182-0

Thanks

4 Replies 4

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say stopped working what do you mean?

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

This is a limitation of the controller.  The controller doesn't support seeing multiple devices behind the connected client.  You probably should be able to get this to work if you can setup something like universal client mode where all the devices appear with the same mac/IP to the AP.

Hi

Thank you for your answer.

Could you explain me what "universal client mode" is? Is it an application,client configuration, etc?

Also, the affected users said that before the upgrade they're virtual PCs used to have wireless access, now they don't although they still have wired access this includes one of my coworkers who is also a "networker".

I'd really appreciate if you provide more information or a document that explains this.

Best regards.

Roberto

Check out bug CSCsi90344.  This should answer all your questions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card