cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect more than 1 SPA9000 different networks.

Galipi0109
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 1 SPA9000, 3 SPA400, 1 SPA962, 5 SPA942, 8 SPA922, 2 SPA941, 1 WIP310, 3 SPA901 and 2 PAP2T, connected in 3 different offices,

using VPN, I have more than 16 phones, for the first 16 phones everything it´s working fine, for the rest I´m getting not registerd,  so I want to  install 1 SPA9000 per office, my doubt is if this can work like having 1 SPA9000.?

Regards,

Jerry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Jerry;

You can have 3 SPA9000, but not behaving as a single unit. You would need to connect 1 SIP trunk to each of the neighbors (i.e. two SIP trunks).

- Need to manipulate SPA9000 call routing rule, so that e.g. any number starting with 2 is routed to office 2 and any number starting with 3 to office 3.

- On the contact list of the SPA9000 line you need to setup DID rules so that numbers can dial in and out between extensions.

The solution will work well for basic SIP call control, but things like call pickup, BLF, shared lines, call park/unpark will not work between offices. Same as directory, each SPA9000 will host their own directory. As a suggestion use the personal directory to introduce the office's numbers.

If you are not expert on SPA9000 dial plan, I strongly suggest you read the SPA9000 administration guide and familiarize with call routing rule, dial plan as well as DID mapping.

Regards
Alberto

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Jerry;

You can have 3 SPA9000, but not behaving as a single unit. You would need to connect 1 SIP trunk to each of the neighbors (i.e. two SIP trunks).

- Need to manipulate SPA9000 call routing rule, so that e.g. any number starting with 2 is routed to office 2 and any number starting with 3 to office 3.

- On the contact list of the SPA9000 line you need to setup DID rules so that numbers can dial in and out between extensions.

The solution will work well for basic SIP call control, but things like call pickup, BLF, shared lines, call park/unpark will not work between offices. Same as directory, each SPA9000 will host their own directory. As a suggestion use the personal directory to introduce the office's numbers.

If you are not expert on SPA9000 dial plan, I strongly suggest you read the SPA9000 administration guide and familiarize with call routing rule, dial plan as well as DID mapping.

Regards
Alberto

Thanks Alberto,

I don`t care about the things like call pickup, BLF, shared lines, call park/unpark between offices, I care about

the extensions between offices and the lease lines that I have in each office, right now if office 1 wants to call

a local number in the region of office 2, I just dial the prefix of Office 2 e.g. 8 and dial a local number of that region,

do you know if this can work using the 3 SPA9000??

Thanks again,

Jerry

Dear Jerry;

Tandem call will not work (i.e. calling from office 2 to a PSTN line in office 1), as SPA9000 cannot route incoming calls through PSTN.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

Can you tell me where I can find how to configure the sip trunk, I know how to configure de SPA400 in the

SPA9000, but I did the same for SPA9000 to SPA9000, didn´t work, can you tell where or how I can do

that.

Thanks,

Jerry

There are four main parameters on the line:

- Make call without registration to YES

- Answer call without registration to YES

- Proxy: IP address of the other IPPBX

- User ID: Whethever number

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for your help, I did what you told me and it´s working, but I have one issue,

when I call an extension from site A to site B, the calls always goes to the first extension

number, i.e.:

Site A have extension 105, call site B to extension 203, the call goes to extension 201,

same thing happend from site B to site A, the call always goes to ext 101.

Site A configuration:

Dial plan: (<4:>xxx.)

contact list: 105,cfwd=aa

call routing rule: (<:L1{1,2,3,4}>9xx.|<:L2>8xx.|<:L3>4xxx.)

Site B configuration:

dial plan: (<4:>xxx.)

contact list: 201,202,203,204,205,cfwd=aa

call routing rule: (<:L1{1,2,3,4}>9xx.|<:L2>4xxx.)

Thanks,

Jerry

Dear Sir;

Try the following on the Contact List:

Site A configuration:

Dial plan: (<4:>xxx.)

contact list: 105:105|104:104|103:103|102:102|101:101,cfwd=aa

call routing rule: (<:L1{1,2,3,4}>9xx.|<:L2>8xx.|<:L3>4xxx.)

Site B configuration:

dial plan: (<4:>xxx.)

contact list: 201:201|202:202|203:203|204:204|205:205,cfwd=aa

call routing rule: (<:L1{1,2,3,4}>9xx.|<:L2>4xxx.)

Hi Alberto,

I change the contact list, but didn't work, still going to the first extension (101, 201, 301),

do you know what else I can do. Thanks.

Regards,

Jerry

Can you send me the traces? I need to see the SIP messages going out the SPA9000 caller.

Hi Alberto,

I found the problem, I didn't add the port to the proxy, now it's working fine,

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Here is my config for doing it.  I ran this for testing purposes from Canada to the USA. Seemed to work ok.

From a perspectice of a local SPA9000, i treated the remote  SPA9000 as just another phone, so it just registered as would a SPA500  phone.

The remote SPA9000 therefore used up one of the 16 valid phone licenses.

site  A configuration , check out  line 3. It used this line to communicate and register with it's remote SPA9000 at Site B

site  B configuration  , check out  line 2. It used this line to communicate and register with it's remote SPA9000 at Site A

I  ran r a VPN, between the two sites, so you will see that the SIP registration addresses under the appropriate LINE number are private IP addresses.

Check out the SIP tabs  and see what my steering digit is to get to the remote system.  I think in Site A, my steering digit was 4 to route via  Line 3

But QOS could be your nemesis.  :-)  Good luck

regards Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: