Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

inter vlan routing and providing internet connection

Unanswered Question
Mar 23rd, 2010
User Badges:

hi i have a doubt regarding intervlan routing and providing internet via adsl modem /router , this is a lab environment , i have a 2950 switch and 2600 series router , i create vlans in 2950 and for intervlan routing , i created subinterfaces and configured encapsulation ., my question is whether routing protocols is to be enabled and how i can provide internet to each vlans via adsl modem /router net connection  i dont have static public ip , and  should i enable nat on each subinterface , and whether i can apply access list in  subinterfaces ,. kindly respond

Thanks in advance

bbaby

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ganesh Hariharan Tue, 03/23/2010 - 21:46
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, February 2016

hi i have a doubt regarding intervlan routing and providing internet via adsl modem /router , this is a lab environment , i have a 2950 switch and 2600 series router , i create vlans in 2950 and for intervlan routing , i created subinterfaces and configured encapsulation ., my question is whether routing protocols is to be enabled and how i can provide internet to each vlans via adsl modem /router net connection  i dont have static public ip , and  should i enable nat on each subinterface , and whether i can apply access list in  subinterfaces ,. kindly respond

Thanks in advance

bbaby

Hi BBaby,

In order to reach to internet you cannot use private address ip scheme,so you need to configure Natting in your router for local lan subnet and for your type setup check out the below link for more information how to achive.

http://www.ccnalab.net/ip_nat_one_fe.php

Hope to Help !!

Remember to rate the helpful post

Ganesh.H

Actions

This Discussion