cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

inter vlan routing and providing internet connection

binojbaby1984
Level 1
Level 1

hi i have a doubt regarding intervlan routing and providing internet via adsl modem /router , this is a lab environment , i have a 2950 switch and 2600 series router , i create vlans in 2950 and for intervlan routing , i created subinterfaces and configured encapsulation ., my question is whether routing protocols is to be enabled and how i can provide internet to each vlans via adsl modem /router net connection  i dont have static public ip , and  should i enable nat on each subinterface , and whether i can apply access list in  subinterfaces ,. kindly respond

Thanks in advance

bbaby

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi i have a doubt regarding intervlan routing and providing internet via adsl modem /router , this is a lab environment , i have a 2950 switch and 2600 series router , i create vlans in 2950 and for intervlan routing , i created subinterfaces and configured encapsulation ., my question is whether routing protocols is to be enabled and how i can provide internet to each vlans via adsl modem /router net connection  i dont have static public ip , and  should i enable nat on each subinterface , and whether i can apply access list in  subinterfaces ,. kindly respond

Thanks in advance

bbaby

Hi BBaby,

In order to reach to internet you cannot use private address ip scheme,so you need to configure Natting in your router for local lan subnet and for your type setup check out the below link for more information how to achive.

http://www.ccnalab.net/ip_nat_one_fe.php

Hope to Help !!

Remember to rate the helpful post

Ganesh.H

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card