cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No employees found in Dial by Name Directory

CompTech499
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, so one of our employees brought this to my attention. When someone calls our office and then presses 1 to hear the directory options, it says there is no one in the directory. I've checked, and everyone is listed. Did I miss something?

Any ideas on what to check?

40 Replies 40

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What product are you using - Unity Connection, Unity?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Unity and Callmanager

Have you verified the search scope of the Directory Handler?  What is the search scope of the Directory Handler?  If it is a Public Distribution List, have you verified that the users actually appear as members of the PDL?  In addition, do you list users in the directory by default and do you allow users to change their directory listing status?

Hailey

Search in: Local Cisco Unity Server Only

Search By: First, Last

Route Automatically

It's not a public distribution list, as the PDL is empty.

The thing that puzzles me is that the employees have a check next to "list in phone directory"

I'm not sure if they can unlist themselves, but I don't think thats the issue in this case. By Default I believe they are listed.

So, when you say that you've checked the directory - where are you looking?  This may sound trivial but it will help me to know what to suggest to you next.

Hailey

I've checked our Unity server and the Call Manager. Listed both in the public directory on Unity, and Global on CallManager.

So, what's in the Call Manager is irrelevant as that's not related to Unity. However, for Unity - here are 2 things I would try:

1) Double check the Call Handler that callers hear when they call into your system and verify that option 1 is configured correctly - i.e., it points to the Directory Handler that you've checked is set to look in the local Unity server.

2) Change the scope of the Directory Handler to the All Subscribers distribution list and see if this makes a difference in behavior.

Hailey

Well here's the thing...the other offices don't seem to have the issue. And we are all on the same system.

I'm guessing that would change the scope.

So, when your users dial into Unity to reach this functionality - do they all dial the same number and reach the same Call Handler?  Can you give me some specifics on your setup in terms of Unity?

1) Are outside callers affected only?  Internal callers only?  Both?

2) Do all offices dial the same number (same question as above), reach the same handler, etc?

3) Have you verified the behavior is the same as what was reported?

4) Have you used the Call Viewer in Unity to "see" what is occurring when users call in to the system?

5) Did you try changing the scope to the All Subscribers DL?  This is essentially the same as the "Local Server" option as each user created in Unity is added to the system All Subscribers DL by default.

Hailey

Outside callers only, as the directory on the phones work..for the most part

All offices have their respective local numbers, the call handler messages are different for each city, but its all under the same server.

I don't see that we have the call viewer, if we do, it's not named that.

See atattched photo. DL I believe is unrelated.

Well, what would be different here is the path in which each call potentially comes into the network and thus into Unity. So, you could be having a DTMF issue at your main site where calls from the PSTN are affected. You can use the Port Status monitor I believe (in system tray) to watch a call once it hits Unity. You would want to set the refresh down to zero seconds (no delay) and dial into the system (presumably first, via PSTN into your local site). Watch the call see if Unity recognizes the digits being passed. That would be step 1 for me.

Not seeing any of the tools mentioned.

Right click the Unity system tray icon.  Select "Launch Status Monitor" and then select the second icon at the top which is the port status monitor.  Change refresh rate to 0 and make test calls.

Hailey

There isn't one. Pretty much empty except for the local network connection.

Closest I see to it is the Real Time Monitoring Tool.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: