cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant console line status shows all ?

Danilo Molini
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

after call manager name change, the line status on attendant console client is not longer working.

Anyone know if there is a relationship between the attendant console client and the call manager name?

Before name changing all work perfectly.

I already verify in User > Global Directory  that telephone number is the same DN that the user has on his/her IP Phone and I stopped firewall on attendant PC. Also, I already tried to restart the attendant console service, to reinstall the attendant console client but the problem still remain.

Danilo

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You aren't supposed to change the name of a CallManager server in version less than some version of 6.1.x...

I would restore it from backup, and check the documentation before doing something like this in future.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I know that I can't change name in version earlier 6.1.x

My call manager version is 7.1.3 with only one call manager and in the cisco documentation there is nothing about post-change task or problem with attendant console after name change.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/7_1_2/ipchange/ipchg712.html#wp42389

I see - 'User/Global Directory' is the menu in CallManager 4.x, which threw me off the scent...

All is forgiven.

I would be checking the server IP in the client in both the basic/advanced tabs, and doing a quick pcap to see if you can see connection or DNS attempts on the old server name.

I'm not aware of any specific server references in any of the server config...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: