Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple internet connection

Shibu1978
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Please find attached the new setup we are planning to implement in our office.

1.2-Internet connections  ( ADSL + Leased line both will have fixed ip addressess)

We plan to send out the users browsing traffic to ADSL link back up should be via leased line... all servers traffic should be send out via leased line first and ADSL as backup.

By looking at our diagram could u please help us to implement our requirement with the attached diagram.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Shibu1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you please someone reply on to my mail...is it possible ?

Thanks

Shibu

Yes, it is possible.

Recommend you work with a certified partner ot reputable consultant to achieve the result wanted.

Thanks for your reply.

Meantime could you please get me some useful links so that i can try and make it implemented as i cant engage cisco partner at this time.

Thanks

Shibu

Shibu1978
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Could you please someone guide me to configure my requirement .

thanks

Hi

first of all the requirements you want is possible, but by comparing your current network diagram and the requirements you looking to achieve i think its a bit complicated, because according to your requirements you need a policy based routing with IP SLA to get the traffic routed based on traffic source

but the problem is you have the firewall is sitting in the central point between your edge routers and firewalls can not do PBR

it can be resolved using couple of ways such as multiple context in the firewall and so on .. but you need to keep it as simple as possible

i think one of the simple ways is to have a third router to be placed infront of the firewall and the routers will connect to this router in this case you will configure this new router as the PBR router to send the traffic based on source to the desired ISP/router

bellow is a configuration example that help you to understand and configure the third router suggested above

by the way if you think that adding a third router infront of the firewall will make single point of frailer,  i think you already have this issue by having one firewall

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8313

good luck

if helpful Rate

Dear,

Thanks for your kind reply.

As u suggested i can not get one more router in between to configure PBR. one of the edge router is a cisco integrated router 2801 which will support PBR config I guess.....could you please confirm whether it support to configure PBR on the integrated 2801 router.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card