Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Translation Rule configuration help

shamudra2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Pls. help me configuring a translation rule for incomming call.

Call flow:  Mobile Phone (any  number)---->GSM network (E1)  ---> H.323 VG  (E1)-->CUCM----->IP Phone (50001 - 59999).

I have configured :

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /\(.*\)/ /50001/

It is working for one IP Phone only.

rule 1 /\(.*\)/ /5..../ is not a valid command

How can I configure this rule for 50001 to 59999 IP Phone Ext. ?

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's not very clear what you are trying to achieve here...

If you want to take the final 4 digits of a number, and put a 5 in front (e.g. 123412341234 = 51234)

rule 1 /.*\(....\)/ /5\1/

Should do it (I think).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Not applicable

Hi,

Are you trying to translate the last 4 digits of mobile phone number and map it to an internal extension on IP Phone starting with 5XXXX.

then you can do

voice translation rule 1

rule 1 /\(....\)/ /5\1/

make a voice translation profile and add translate called 1 and add translation profile on your voice port.

If you want any mobile number when they call in and you want internal extensions in the range 5XXXX to ring then you want to create a hunt group and add all internal extensions in it.

Under translations rule 1  /^.*$/ /Pilot Point#/

HTH

shamudra2000
Level 1
Level 1

I think My requirement is not clear. So, explaining:

GSM network created a route to my E1 gateway, so that any mobile phone call # 50001 & directly reach IP Phone ext. 50001. same as dial # 50002 & directly reach IP Phone ext. 50002. here, mobile phone number is not a factor. so, how can I configure a rule, so that, any mobile number dial # 50001 to # 59999 can directly reach that specific IP Phone.

If I follow your explanation, I don't think you need a translation  rule at all.  Unless I am missing something.  You said you have a call handed off to a voice gateway which connects (via H.323) to the CUCM cluster.  All you need is a voip dial-peer that points to your CUCM cluster.  Which you must have because in the original post you said you could get calls to go to 50001.  But, just to be sure:

!

dial-peer voice 3001 voip

description primary cucm

destination-pattern 5....

preference 1

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x   !insert IP address of your CUCM

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec yyyy    !insert codec

!

If you have another CUCM server then add another dial-peer like the one above and add a preference of 2 or greater.

Now, I write this reply but I can't help but feel there is something missing in my understanding because you were able to get one call through and you really feel like you need a translation.  Do you have something going on where you have multiple CUCM clusters or other systems that a calls to 50001 - 59999 could route?  In other words, is the gateway hosting more than one PBX/CUCM cluster?  If so, is there an overlap in the dial plan?

Or, do you have a need to strip digits for ingress calls before extending them to CUCM?

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Pls. check my gateway configuration. If I remove translation pattern, then call is comming, but I do not need any second dial tone to dial. how to configure it?

If I follow, you are experiencing two-stage dialing where a call comes into the gateway from the PSTN and they here a dial-tone.  Based on your config, I recommend adding this line:

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
!

See if that helps.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

shamudra2000
Level 1
Level 1

pls. find the attachment of my gateway config.

shamudra2000
Level 1
Level 1

Solved by TAC. Thank you all, who tried to help me...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: