cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2960-48TT-L not shown on Campus 5.2.1

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

There are 25 C2960-48TT-L on the network. Under LMS 2.6 all them are shown on the map.

I have installed lms 3.2, new installation on new server and made all updates from CCO.

On the lms 3.2 (cm 5.2.1) some of them did not show up.

We noted that the ones not shown were running older IOS - 12.2.37SE1.

Three of them were updated to 12.2.46SE but after several data collection

they do not show up on campus.

I have already tried several things:

reseted ANI database, resetCasuser, removed from DCR, manually addind on CM, clear cdp table on the switches...

They are OK on all other applications: RME, DFM and CiscoView.

The SNMP is V3 AuthNoPriv.

Any help is appreciated

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the ani.log.

I have attached the ani.log.

Meanwhile It was detected that all 2960 not shown on lms 3.2 were set up in cluster together

with 3750 stacked. After taking the three 2960 out of the mixed cluster they showed up

on campus. After upgrade to 12.2.46 SE for the remaining 2960 they will be taken out

of their mixed cluster and hope them all show up.

What still intriger me is that under lms 2.6 they all show in campus, even with 12.2.37SE1.

Cluster management has changed in LMS 3.x.  All cluster nodes should be managed through the cluster commander, and must be added to DCR as cluster-managed devices.  If you are managing the devices independently, then you need to break the clustering configuration.

1 - To be added to DCR as cluster-managed devices suffices to check the option Cluster Discovery Module on the Discovery settings?

2 - Does it supports a mixed cluster where the commander is a 3750 stack and some 2960 as members?

You can do this, sure.  But if the devices are already in DCR you would need to remove them, then first add the cluster commander as a Cluster Management Suite device.  Then you can add each member as cluster members.

Yes, mixed clusters are supported.