Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ikadlik,

first have a look at what X.25 is

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/internetworking/technology/handbook/X25.html

an X.25 interface is an interface configured for running X.25

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you :-) ... I am trying to figure out why getting a dhcp address over an mpls circuit works fine for a straight T1 circuit but not for an adsl mpls circuit. On the T1 circuit all i had to do was put the ip helper-address on the lan interface.  This is not working on the cpe that connects to the adsl mpls circuit. The x.25 reading mentions pvcs and the ip helper command not working in that instance.  so I thought i would ask.  What is weird is that I see the dhcp discovery request hit the dhcp server and it is pingable from the LAN of the site not getting dhcp if the computer used has a static ip address. I have seen a few posts for this issue from other but no resolution .

Before blaming the network, can you see the DHCP reply coming out from server ?

Nope.  In the wireshark output all i see it the dhcp discovery I never see the offer going back.

And I mentioned that to the server admin.  What I still find weird is that all things being equal

to the extent that the scopes work over the T1 mpls circuits and the scopes for the adsl mpls circuits are set up the same per the admin you would think it would work .

Compare a DHCP request from working locations to the one that is not.

If you find any significant difference, investigate and fix as needed.

Otherwise, it's matter for the server admin.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card