cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

deleting all messages in a cuc 7.1.x mailbox

WSonnylal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi does anyone have the sql statement to delete all messages in a cuc 7.1.x mailbox from the CLI using the following command:

run cuc dbquery cuc_database sql_statement

I've tried using the BulkUserDelete tool from Cisco Unity Tools but it does not work for the operator mailbox.  So it's either the sql statement or ciscopca but for several hundred messages it's a pain to use ciscopca.

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Would you be able to enable IMAP on that particular user and delete using a client that allows you to select multiple messages and hit delete?

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yes that would work as well and thank you for pointing that out.   I suppose it's more of an administrator thing where I just want to logon to the CLI issue the sql and be done with it.  The BulkUserDelete does this using the reset mailbox feature and it is using sql statements against the informix database and I'm sure if we knew what those were we could just run it from the CLI and bam you're done.  No other software is needed.

Another way of doing it would be to use CUPC client and delete them from within CUPC.  This assumes that the environment is setup with Presence.  You would have to modify the voicemail credentials within CUPC to use the respective credentials for the mailbox you're interested in purging.  The cool thing about using CUPC is that it's very fast with message playback so it's a good choice if you need to sample the messages before deleting.

Just to expand on the last post - CUPC actually uses IMAP to connect to Unity Connection. It uses standard IMAP as opposed to the preferred IMAP Idle protocol at this time.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!