cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you access the CLI on the SGE2010P switch?

Bushy3008
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently had access to an SGE2010P and can not find a CLI for it. I have searched on the Internet for instructions on how to get there but they just say to select edit in the login screen but there is no edit when I go to the login screen. Can someone please tell me how to get to it?

5 Replies 5

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SGE line of switches are not IOS-based and as such do not have CLI support.  The two supported access methods are the built-in GUI or the Console port UI.

Best Regards,

Glenn

To add to what Glenn states -

You can find several discussions of CLI in this community, however ... none of us want to see you install an unsupported configuration and installation.  This is why we suggest only the WebGUI.

SNMP is also an option ... have you considered this?  SNMP details can be found in the admin guide.  HTH,

Andrew Lissitz

josruiz
Level 1
Level 1

This unit is MENU BASE CLI, in order to access to the unit's  you should go through the console port.

Here is a very good tool that you can use to access to the MANU BASE CLI: http://belkashop.com.ua/products_files/SGE2010_AG_A_WEB_1ch

Once you are in the Admin Guide you can type in the search window USING THE CONSOLE, it will show you step by step how to access the MANU BASE CLI.

NOTE:  you can telnet into this unit, however is not supported by cisco...

josruiz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a way on which you can get to the command line: Telnet into the switch, then type your user name and password, right after hold the Ctrl -Z tab, soon after you perform these steps  you will access to the CLI command line.

Thanks for the answer. Pressing Crtl+Z got me into the command line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X