Views
Helpful
Replies

Console sessions on hybrid Catalyst 5500

Scott Cannon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I've recently inherited a Catalyst 5500 running in Hybrid mode. Can anyone tell me how I switch between CatOS and IOS while I have a console cable plugged into the switch?

Thanks

Rgds

Scott

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Scott

You need to use "session ".  To work out which slot RSM is in do a "sh module".

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Hi Jonn,

Thanks for the prompt response.

The show module and session commands are not recognised. There is a console cable already conencted to the device, I guess its plugged into the MFSC since the other slots contain the sups and switch modules. If I connect the console cable directly to the sups I get no response at the terminal.

I'm somewhat green when it comes to this hybrid mode of operation, please forigve me if I'vé used incorrect terminology.

If youé able to shed any light on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Rgds

Scott

Scott

There are 3 different ways to access the RSM (Route Switch Module) on the 5500. Have a look at this doc for details -

RSM access

do any of these work ?

Jon

Hi Jon,

Again, thans for the prompt response.

I think I need to elaborate on the problem. I am able to access the console of the RSM, no problems. I have a console cable connected to it and I can telnet to it. What I am not able to do is access the console of the sup and I'm not sure if it is configured for telnet or not.

I was hoping i could use the RSM to access the suerpvisor modules. Do you know if that is possible?

Rgds

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: