cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC UndeliverableMessagesMailbox phone login issue?

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

How does one log in with the UndeliverableMessagesMailbox over the phone to check the messages?

I reset the voice mail and web app passwords on this several times and it wouldn't let me log in.

I had to set up with Class Of Service with Unity Inbox and use the web page to get to the messages.

Thanks, Erick

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Erik,

Has anyone ever gone through the "First time Enrollment" for this mailbox? I had to

go through the setup (change PIN, record name, record greeting etc.) then the

UndeliverableMessagesMailbox could be checked like any other;

From IP Phone;

- Press message Button

- Press *Star when system answers

- Enter ID followed by # (this is 99999 in our system)

- enter PIN (just set during "First time Enrollment") followed by

- listen to messages

Cheers!

Rob

Hmm,

I'm not sure if anyone did, but from a IP Phone I tried that and still not working.

I even assigned 99999 as an extension on the phone and dialed VM from that extension and Unity prompted me just for the password and it didn't like it.

If it matters it is a CUCMBE system, and on the CCM side the UndeliverableMessages user is an application user. I set the password on that side to and no difference and resynced the user with CUC and no change. I even associated the IP Phone to the CCM User id.

This isn't an initial setup and this mailbox wasn't receiving messages as it was changed with the initial install for messages to go to another users mailbox. But it seems like a recent update either changed the Call Handler back to default to go to the Undeliverable Dist List instead of the subscriber we had it set to go to. I changed it back the way it was now and also added the user to the Undeliverable Dist List just in case it reverts back someday.

Thanks, Erick

Hi Erick, have you found a fix for this issue? I've run into the same problem today and cant check the voice mails that are in the "UndeliverableMessages" mailbox. I've since added myself to the distribution list but, I imagine that is only for new messages coming in. I'm running Cisco Unified Communications Business Edition System version: 6.1.3.2000-1

Any advice I would appericate it.

Thanks,
Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: