Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID configuration on FXO lines

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have CCM 7.1.2 & voice gateway with SRST license.

In Voice gateway FXO/Analong lines are being terminated. I also has PRI terminated on the VG.

The problem that i am facing is: whenever i do receive an incoming call it is displayed on the ip phone as "Unknown Number". I have taken CLIP service from the service provide.

Still the problem is happening.

Can someone guide me how to sort out this issue.

Voice gateway is registered with CCM via MGCP.

Rgds,

Partha

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 17xx, 26xx and 36xx gateways do not forward caller ID from a FXO  port to the CallManager in MGCP mode

Caller ID cannot be passed from a Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) port on  any of the 17xx, 26xx and 36xx gateways that run in Media Gateway  Control Protocol (MGCP) mode. However, the caller ID can be passed from a  PRI or a Foreign Exchange Station (FXS).

Alternatively, if caller ID support is essential on the FXO port,  configure the gateway to run in H323 mode.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K20807102

CUCM 8.x changes this, but for the time being the only workaround is to use H323

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks for your reply....I am using 2821 Router. Whether caller ID support is available in this platform??

Rgds,

Partha

Hello Partha,

+5 Point to Java for pointing this out, although this document should hopefully clarify things for you, it simply highlights what Java mentioned in his post.  This situation still remains the same for 2800 Series ISRs too.  To re-iterate CLID is supported for MGCP FXO in 12.4(20)T or later and CUCM 8.0:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps259/product_data_sheet0900aecd8057f2e0.pdf

Hope this helps

Regards

Allan.