cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No LMS processes/License Server

byronaustin
Level 1
Level 1

I've performed a fresh install of LMS 3.2 on to Server 2008 R1.

No processes are showing and in CS, under products installed I see the message for all products installed "unable to retreive (license server is down)"

This appears to be a botched install, but I dont know what could've caused this. Any ideas?

See attached screenshots

4 Replies 4

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

when installing LMS 3.2 on win2k8 you should consider the following  issues mentioned in these threads:

manual setting of swap space:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/680507#680507

registry  keys may need to be manually set (BugID CSCtb17186)
https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1328649#1328649

also set the temp and tmp variable for the system and administrator account to something short (like C:\tmp) and install the software when logged in as the LOCAL administrator;

The software was installed as local admin.

Since reading your reply, i modified both the admin and system temp and tmp variables as suggested. Also modified the page file to 16000

Please see and review the attached install file.

I would recommend to uninstall LMS and install it again with the before mentioned prerequisites (check the registry keys!)

I see some ERROR messages in the log file belonging to the databases along with RMEPSUAdapter failures and I would not proceed with this installation. The savest way would be to reinstall LMS.

from the log file:

#########################################

===================- Possible Warnings/Errors Encountered -===================

Warning: Current swap space is less than the minimum requirement. This may affect performance.

WARNING: Domain Name is not found from TcpIp parameters,certificate will be generated with the HostName

WARNING: Domain Name is not found from TcpIp parameters, setting PX_FQDN same as PX_HOST

ERROR: Failed to authenticate [opsxml] database.

ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'opsxml' because: Database engine 'opsxmlEng' could not be started on database 'opsxml' in Bulk mode

ERROR: Failed to start database engine for database 'opsxml'

ERROR: Failed change password for database 'opsxml'.

ERROR: Failed to authenticate [rmeng] database.

ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'rmeng' because: Database engine 'rmengEng' could not be started on database 'rmengdb' in Bulk mode.

ERROR: Failed to start database engine for database 'rmeng'

ERROR: Failed change password for database 'rmeng'.

ERROR: Failed to authenticate [rmeng] database.

ERROR: Failed to authenticate [ipm] database.

ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'ipm' because: Database engine 'ipmEng' could not be started on database 'ipm' in Bulk mode.

ERROR: Failed to start database engine for database 'ipm'

ERROR: Failed change password for database 'ipm'.

ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'ipm' because: Database engine 'ipmEng' could not be started on database 'ipm' in Bulk mode.

ERROR: Failed to authenticate [upm] database.

ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'upm' because: Database engine 'UPMDbEngine' could not be started on database 'upm' in Bulk mode.

ERROR: Failed to start database engine for database 'upm'

ERROR: Failed change password for database 'upm'.

INFO: User Selected to Reboot the Machine

Installation Completed at 21:05:19 ,Wed 03/24/2010  ,Central Standard Time

==============================================================================

and also this one:

line 5395 com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.interfaces.adapter.AdapterException: Failed to Initialize RMEPSUAdapter

#########################################

OK.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco