Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express Pilot Number

Rod.Blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've got unity express 7.1 and UCM 7.0.2 and have 3 CTI RPs configured 5000 voicemail pilot, 5001 autoattendant  and 5002 promptmanagement

My (new) problem this this:

From my network I can dial the numbers listed above and get to the respective sercvices ok however whenever I try and dial from a mobile or PSTN number I run into problems.

I've created a translation pattern on UCM that takes PSTN DDI number 5810 which has a called party rasnform mask pointing to 5000 - when I call PSTN DDI number 5810 I get the voicemail kicking in saying extension 5810 isn't available. I've also tried putting a CFA on DDI number 5810 pointing to 5000 and still get the same message.

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rod

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

Rod,

Do you have the phones setup in the router also for srst fallback?  If you have 5810 setup on the router on one of the phones or as a DN you will need to do something like this

dial-peer voice 5810 voip
preference 2
destination-pattern 5810$
progress_ind setup enable 3
voice-class codec 1
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:172.x.x.x
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
no vad

by adding the $ after the destination pattern it allows the call to go to call manager and hit your translation patterns and when you are in fall back mode it lets it ring to the phone.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rod,

The problem here is that CUE is seeing the digits 5810 coming in

instead of 5000. The easiest fix here would be to change the Pilot #

to 5810, otherwise we need to figure out a way to strip the 5810 digits

and replace them with 5000 on incoming calls. It may be easier for

your users if they only had to remember one number anyways **5810**

for both on/off site access.

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

Rod,

Do you have the phones setup in the router also for srst fallback?  If you have 5810 setup on the router on one of the phones or as a DN you will need to do something like this

dial-peer voice 5810 voip
preference 2
destination-pattern 5810$
progress_ind setup enable 3
voice-class codec 1
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:172.x.x.x
no vad

by adding the $ after the destination pattern it allows the call to go to call manager and hit your translation patterns and when you are in fall back mode it lets it ring to the phone.

Rob and WB - thanks for your replys. My mind is mealting on this and I know it's simple enough but can't figure it out !!!!

WB

The ddi number xxxxx 845810 come in via PSTN on a H.323 router with the following dial peer

dial-peer voice 6003 voip
preference 2
destination-pattern 5[7-8]..
voice-class codec 1
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:10.118.2.10
no vad

Do I need to add a specific dial peer for the 5810 translation pattern that points to 5000 voicemail pilot number?

To sum it up

I have 5000 5001 and 5002 CTI RPs that are associated to directory numbers 5000, 5001 and 5002. These numbers are configured in UE as 5000 for voicemail, 5001 as autoattendant and 5002 as promtmgmt. on UCM I have a Voicemail pilot and profile pointing to 5000.

The problem is that I can't access the voicemail pilot remotely. I've tried as Rob sugessted changing the voicemail pilot to 5810 and still got the same issue, I've created a tranlation pattern in UCM for 5810 which has a called party transform mask pointing to 5000. I've even tried CFA to 5000 from DDI 5810.

Oh my hear hurts just thinking about it !!!!

any example of how you guys have it configured would or might help me solve this issue.

Thanks

Rod

Rob,

Try just sticking a $ after your destination pattern and tell me how that goes.  Only add that nothig else.

Rod.Blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Ok problem solved. Rob was correct in saying that UE wasn't seeing the 5810 voicemail pilot number.

The issue was down to my translation rules on the VOIP gateway that managed the incoming PSTN DDI number 5810. Basically I hadn't created a rule that took the 6 digit presentation from my carrier and stripped it to the 4 digit number that UCM was expecting.

so I added the following rule to my VOIP gateway:

translation-rule 1

rule 2 ^845 5 (the DDI number was 'area code' 8455810

voice-port 0/0:15

translate called 1

Presto problem solved. I basically had to remove the 5810 tranlation pattern and apply it as a second line to my phone and tried calling in and out from that number, I could call out ok but could not recieve incoming calls - on checking the translation patterns on my VOIP gateway I found the above configuraiton to be missing (something i forgort to do when we received the DDI allocation from our carrier) I then made the changes and tried calling into the extension 5810 and it worked. I then removed the extension from my phone and re-created the translation pattern with a called party transformation mask pointing to voicemail pilot number 5000 and it worked like a dream !!!!

Thanks to all who contributed to this post.

Rod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: