Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750 stack issue

raffaelecarusi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all...
I have a big problem removing the master switch on a stack.
If i remove it and i delete the provision i loose the configuration of the other member/master elected, like vlan's ,port configuration etc etc.
How i can solve it if i follow the right procedure to remove a member or master from a stack?

Regards

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Raffaele,

Please follow the instruction in this link on how to add, delete and remove a switch in a stacked environment

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_50_se/configuration/guide/swstack.html

HTH

Reza

Hi Raza,thanks for your reply..I've just followed the instruction and i've done all the steps as descibed.
For example i have this scenario

4x WS-C3750 48PS in stackwise

I would remove switch #1 (the master one) and i would like to renumber switch #2 to 1 , 3 to 2 and 4 to 3

Switch numer #1 have all fastethernet on vlan 20, Switch #2 have some fastethernet on vlan 20 and others on vlan 300 and the same things on the other two switch.

Question; How i can copy the configuration of a single switch in the stack to prevent any problem on vlan's and the other settings of fastethernet ports when i renumber all the switch in the stack as follow?

When i remove switch #1  ,I see the #2 reelected as master, 3 and 4 member and number 1 provisioned.
Now i renumber 2 3 and 4 as described and i reload all stack.
After reload i see switch number 1 master 2 and 3 member and #4 provisioned.
At this point if i remove the provision i lost the configuration on all the switches that come back to it's default (like vlan 1 and no particular configuration of the ports).

What's wrong?

Thanks

Raffaele

Hi Raffaele,

When you renumber your switches, do you assign priority to each switch?  For example if you want switch-1 to be always the master, then I would assign priority 15 which is the highest to that one and assign 12 to switch-2 and 10 to switch-3 and see what happens.

HTH

Reza

Obviously i assign priority to the switch just like you said but i lost the configuration(specially vlan's)of the others when i delete the provisioned one.
If i wanna maintain the same vlan's of these switches ,wich will be renumbered (i.e. #2 to #1, 3# to 2# etc.etc.) as described in my previous post,how i can i do? I know that i can copy a configuration of a single one to just maintain this informations about vlan's and port configuration but i don't know how. Or What are the right steps to maintain vlan's on a switch that i want to renumber?

Thank you so much and thanks for your patience!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card