Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.1.15b and two windows domain

Tomasz Mowinski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two data centers and two windows domains (lets call them X and Y)- in data center X I have to WAE - CM and Core, in date center Y I have one configured as Edge and Core as well (peple in data senter Y have to access to resources in doman X).

In all remote offices are WAEs configured as Edge. Ale WAE are added to domain X.

All prepositions in domain X works fine.

I have created secound CoreCluster for domain Y, added WAE in date center Y as Core and one WAE in remote office as Edge to this CoreCluster, but preposition doesn't work.

On Edge WAE In logs /local1/logs/actona/RxLogging.log i can find only this:

[2010-03-25 14:35:58,765][ INFO] - Preposition ID  929205 started on \\serverY\testfolder\.
[2010-03-25 14:39:59,303][ INFO] - Prpositioned files under \\serverY\testfolder\ (task 929205): File server disconnection - scanned 0 files, up
dated 0 files, 0 bytes 0 directories.
[2010-03-25 14:39:59,323][ INFO] - Preposition ID  929205 failed, reason: Completed with error(0 files with errors).

I can ping this serverY from this WAE.

The question is:

Is it possible to create preposition for two windows using this infrastructure ?

ps. I have to use lagacy services.

I hope that this is not so complicated

Thanks in advance

james

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James,

Thanks for the log files.  In the Tx.internal.log file, there is the following entry:

2010-04-15 12:08:28,952  WARN (actona.cifs.fsclient.FileSystemClient:1799) TP-1 -  Terminating caller due to disconnect: error=13caller=TYPE_START_SESSION [cookie=null]

This message and error code means that the WAFS Core was unable to open a socket to the origin file server you are trying to preposition content from.  Can you please verify the following from the CLI of the WAAS device running the WAFS Core service:

1. Verify name resolution - dns xchn.i.shadm
    2. Verify IP connectivity - ping xchn.i.shadm
    3. Verify TCP connectivity - telnet xchn.i.shadm 445

Thanks,

Zach

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

James,

What matters in your configuration is the file server access credentials configured as part of the Core Cluster configuration.  Do you have the domain name included in the credentials?  Can you provide a copy of the Rx.internal.log file (located under /local1/errorlog/actona/) from the Edge and Tx.internal.log from the Core?

Just out of curiousity, why do you need to use the legacy WAFS services?

Thanks,
Zach

Hi Zach

I use domain\username in credentials.

I attached Rx.internal.log from Edge and Tx.internal.log from Core.

ps. all our infrastructure is basen on legacy CIFS services. In the future we will migrate but now I have to configure this ....

thanks in advance

James

James,

Thanks for the log files.  In the Tx.internal.log file, there is the following entry:

2010-04-15 12:08:28,952  WARN (actona.cifs.fsclient.FileSystemClient:1799) TP-1 -  Terminating caller due to disconnect: error=13caller=TYPE_START_SESSION [cookie=null]

This message and error code means that the WAFS Core was unable to open a socket to the origin file server you are trying to preposition content from.  Can you please verify the following from the CLI of the WAAS device running the WAFS Core service:

1. Verify name resolution - dns xchn.i.shadm
    2. Verify IP connectivity - ping xchn.i.shadm
    3. Verify TCP connectivity - telnet xchn.i.shadm 445

Thanks,

Zach

Big thx. It was it

regards

james

James,

Thanks for the follow up.  What was the specific issue?

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: