cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set the date/time on SPA504g?

William Paulsen
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 9 SPA504g phones with an SPA9000 and SPA400.  I can't seem to get the date/times on these phones to stay in sync.  I set the DNS and ntp fields, and I manually set the date/time.  But the times wander either fast/slow, and they don't seem to ever get the ntp time.  I have an open ticket at Cisco support, but they have no info on this.  Are there any suggestions?  Thanks.

12 Replies 12

mutt
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simmilar issue. I am running v7.4.3 on about 15 spa504g's and they do not obey the GMT offset. They are currently in use with an Asterisk solution and Im hoping there is a bug fix on its way. They appear to use my ntp properly, they simply dont update to the proper hour.

josruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please post your case # so we can verify what is going on or call us again to further assist you with this issue... 1866-606-1866 US/Canada

The case number is 613 968 581

Thanks

I fixed this problem myself (although this occurred to be while talking to tech support):

In the SPA504G/Voice/System tab, in the "System Configuration" section at the top of the page, the "SPCP Auto-detect" switch must be set to "no".  In my case the default setting was "yes".  As soon as I did this and hit Submit, the phone shows the correct time.  Even after power cycles.

And the Cisco tech support person confirmed that the setting on his test bench was also set to "no".  I'm not sure why the default is "yes", but it would have been good if there were reference .html pages to check these kinds of settings.

dieswaytoofast
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody else seen this?

I've got pretty much the same issues on a 504g (7.4.4), but setting SPCP to 'No' doesnt really make a difference.

As far as I can tell, the display constantly stays on GMT...

Give the phone a static ip. Something or lack of something in dhcp

process was causing the issue.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:17 PM, dieswaytoofast

Turns out the culprit is DHCP option 2, which is a Time Offset from GMT.

Sooo, how do I get the phone to *not* use DHCP option 2, and instead to use its configured values for Time_Zone, Daylignt_Saving_Time_rule, etc.?

Submitt bug report. ; )

Sent from my iPhone

I agree, it doesn't make any difference ,however after setting that option to No ,it rebooted but still the same.

knvalerio
Level 1
Level 1

I was actually able to set the correct Date/Time on this phone. I'm using firmware 7.4.9c.

To do this go to your phone settings "via IP on your browser" hit Admin Login, Voice, Regional, and in the Miscellaneous part put in the date "11/10" and the time "1/02" Submit Changes and that's it.

Unfortunately I didn't find a way to do this on multiple phones at the same time...

Ken,

The phone's time is controlled by the following provisioning parameters:

GMT-06:00

Yes

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick Born | Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) – SPA SIP Endpoints
                    Use this reference document to locate SPA phone resources

Thank you for the reply Patrick, you're right it works but it didn't account for the DST.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: