Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Update Issue

I have an issue with my CCM; when I make a update in the config of the CCM; my ip phone not receive this update; for example a "Display Change", "FAC Change". etc, etc.

I have a cluster of 2 CCM;

I checked in Cisco Unified Reporting the replication status and everything is good:

Unified CM Database Status
All servers have a good replication status.

Server Number of Replicates Created Replicate_State
393 2 - good
393 2 - good

i dont know what happening with my CCM

I hope you can help me.

Regards!!!

RL

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

A good test to verify whether replication is a problem for you is to register the phone to the publisher and see if your changes take effect.

To do this:

1) Create a copy of your CallManager Group and change the order in the copy so that the Publisher is the highest.

2) Create a copy of your phone device pool, and assign it the new CallManager Group.

3) Assign the new DP to the phone, and then reset the phone.

Once the phone is registered to the Publisher, see if your changes are taking effect. If they are, you have a replication problem regardless of what the tools say and will need to fix that..

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron.

Thanks for you reply.

When I registered my ip phone to the publisher; the changes take effect; so, i have a replication problem in the subscriber server.

How can i fix that???

Regards!!!

Robert

Hi

Like so:

1) On the subscriber, do a 'utils dbreplication stop'. WAIT for the CLI to return from the command, do not press CTRL+C. This may take 10-20 minutes.

2) Do the same on the publisher. Again, wait for the command to finish

3) On the publisher, do a 'utils dbreplication clusterreset'

Now from the CLI you can run this command to get the replication state - it should go to 0, then after a (possibly very long) time go back to 2.

show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"

Patience is very important for this...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron.

Perfect; thanks for the information; i will make your steps; one question; the telephone service is not affected when i put this commands in the CCM???

Thanks a lot.

Regards!!!

Robert

Hi

It doesn't cause any outage normally, things should continue to work while you are doing this...

I would always recommend doing anything like this out of hours, or at least at an off-peak time.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts.!

Hi Aaron.

Thanks for you reply; i will make this out of hours like you recommend me.

I will post the results.

Thanks a lot.

Regards!!!

Robert