cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP AuthenticationFailure

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I need help in determining why we are getting AuthenticationFailure messages on our ASA's and 1841 roouters. Out of the blue this morning we received alerts on our ASA's then about 30 minutes later they started on our 1841's. We are using OpManager for our NMS which has been in place for about a month or so with no problems. We worked with support @ OpManager and cannot figure out why we are getting "AuthenticationFailure" messages related to sysUpTime.

I'm attaching a copy of one of the alerts to show what we are seeing, what steps can I take to resolve these alerts? I'm not too good at deciphering OID's.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

I don't see an attachment.

First thing I'd do is take OpManager out of the equation. Can you snmpwalk either device from the NMS Servers command line? If yes your problem is likely with OpManager. If no, I start looking at the usual stuff - ACL's, strings, basic connectivity.

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card