Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones frequently reboot

IP Phones frequently reboot. this is not confined to particular phones, it is random. i have tokyo and singapore phones registered to callmanager. callmanager is at singapore. i do not see problem with phones at tokyo. can u suggest what would be the problem facing Singapore phones

Callmanager used 4.1

Regards,

Madhusudhan Rao M

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look at the reason code for the unregister event in the application log as initial step.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

am trying to get the callmanager access. i.e., RDP to check the log messages. even RTMT is not showing the messages. But do you have an idea on what would be the problem, since i can rule out callmaneger problem since i have remote phones registered to it. i do not see any problem with their operation

Hi

Well - if you are certain that the phones on both sites are using the same CallManager server (it's possible you have two, and one site may be using the second for service).. and you definitely have no issues on the remote site... then there is likely a network issue of some sort on the problem site.

Can you describe your network topology? Do you have your CCM servers in a separate subnet to the IP Phones?

You do really need to start with getting access to the server to check the event logs as Java suggested...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Phones are in a different subnet than callmanager. will port fast configured on the access port cause any issue

Hi

No, port fast is usually a good thing.

I suspect something in the client IP phone VLAN is unstable... can you try running this command on your IP phone switch:

Show spanning-tree vlan X active

Where X is your IP phone VLAN...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hi,

this is the output from one of my access switch, i think there is a problem with edge p2p  as the output

Interface        Role Sts Cost      Prio.Nbr Type
---------------- ---- --- --------- -------- --------------------------------
Fa0/1            Desg FWD 19        128.1    Edge P2p
Fa0/2            Desg FWD 19        128.2    P2p
Fa0/5            Desg FWD 19        128.5    Edge P2p
Fa0/8            Desg FWD 19        128.8    Edge P2p
Fa0/11           Desg FWD 19        128.11   Edge P2p
Fa0/12           Desg FWD 19        128.12   Edge P2p
Fa0/13           Desg FWD 19        128.13   P2p
Fa0/14           Desg FWD 19        128.14   Edge P2p
Fa0/16           Desg FWD 19        128.16   P2p
Fa0/17           Desg FWD 19        128.17   Edge P2p
Fa0/18           Desg FWD 19        128.18   Edge P2p

found the solution..one of the desktop was assi

gned a Voice Vlan subnet ip which caused the problem

it has been stable since then

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: