cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I find an alternate cabinet for nexus 7010?

Janus1234
Level 1
Level 1

I need (20) Nexus 7010 sw but need to mount in an alternate enclosure. Where can I find alternate cabinet enclosures?

Thanks

Janus

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Enclosure? What are you talking about ?

Hello Mr. Bevilacqua,

First of all, thank you for your reply - I cannot seem to find anyone who can help or point me in the right direction.

We are a manufacturer of enclosure systems. Our sales partner has a project in the US that requires (20) Nexus 7010 switches and was told he has to also purchase the Cisco Net Access cabinet/enclosure (I believe manufactured by Panduit) for each of the switches. Our partner sells our cabinet under exclusive agreement and as a result he has a conflict of interest - we as a manufacturer of enclosures, have designed and completed an equivalent enclosure system to allow the mounting of the Nexus 7010 switch c/w all the features and cable routing as required.

I need contact information as to whom I may contact in order to provide the required design details and seek approval to sell this equivalent enclosure to house the Nexus 7010 switch.

I would appreciate it very much if you can provide this information and/or point me to a name, department who may be able to help.

Best Regards,

Gaspare Provenzano

To my knowledge, Cisco does NOT mandate nor endorse any rack cabinet maker for any of their products. If someone is telling you otherwise, ask to be shown the official Cisco document tyhat says so.

It is instead customer responsability to choose a rack that suits their need and meets any local regulation.

Consequently, I doubt you will find anyone at Cisco that will give you specifications and approvals, but if there is one, that would be the Nexus line Product Manager. I do not know the name of this person.

Thank you Mr. Bevilacqua!

That is what I thought. It's been very difficult for me to access any information - between phone calls and emails and online registrations, I have created a thick file- the only good information is the one you provided.

Please take a look at the attachment - our enclosure design is an equivalent to this.

I will attempt a few more phone calls and see if I can get in touch w a product manager for the 7010.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns968/index.html

Thank you again.

Gaspare Provenzano

So I was wrong, Cisco actually endorses a vendor for a certain line of products, but I doubt very much it mandates it.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below, and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card