cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

neighbor eigrp

MARCELO MATURO
Level 1
Level 1

In a lan with several routers with interfaces in the same networks, is it possible to make that only ones are neighbors an others not?

This is an example:

routerA

router eigrp 200

network 10.0.0.0

no auto-summary

Router B

router eigrp 200

network 10.0.0.0

no auto-summary

Router C

router eigrp 200

network 10.0.0.0

no auto-summary

I wanto to only RouterA and Router B are neighbors eigrp

Thanks

Marcelo

5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Neighbors or just route sharing? Passive Interface will prevent route sharing. You could also use route filters to restict routes but still maintain a neighbor realtionship.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093f0a.shtml

An ACL would prevent establishing neighbor relationships.

passive- interface is no an option y my real situation. Filtering maybe a solution.

There is the option to convert the peering to unicast ( neighbor x.x.x.x interface x), but i don´t know that if this command stop all the multicast or only the network involved.

Marcelo

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Marcelo,

in addition to using passive-interface, you could use EIGRP authentication with matching parameters only on devices that should be neighbors

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute_eigrp/configuration/guide/ire_cfg_eigrp_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1062735

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Tharak Abraham
Level 3
Level 3

Marcelo,

Eigrp message authentication might help ya !

(config)#key chain KEY
(config)#key 1
(config)#key-string crack

(config)#interface eth0
(config-subif)#ip authentication mode eigrp 10 md5
(config-subif)#ip authentication key-chain eigrp 10 KEY

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card