CUMA Call Streams?

Unanswered Question
Mar 26th, 2010

Can anyone tell me (or point me to a resource) that accurately  describes the various call flows for CUMA? What I'm trying to determine  is this: Can a call from a client (say Cisco Mobile for example) be  started(and continue) on the WiFi wireless network and then seemlessly  handed over to a cellular call as the client walks out of the wireless  range and can a cellular call be handed over to a WiFi wireless client  when the client comes back in range?

If Cisco has a  solution for this scenario, is it just CUMA that is needed or are there  more appliances/software needed.

Thanks!

Jim

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Hailey Sun, 03/28/2010 - 13:20

CUMA doesn't do anything from a wireless to cellular roaming perspective.  It's predominantly a mobile presence client for Blackberry devices and now iPhone as well.  It might be a part of your overall mobility solution but not what you need for this requirement.  Take a look here here to get you started:

www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/.../at_a_glance_c45-472910.pdf

I've never used this product so I can't give any details on how it performs or what all the requirements are but its called the Cisco Mobile Intelligent Routing Solution.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Actions

This Discussion