cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8 availability

phonetech
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using the product upgrade tool to find out the availability  of the CUCM 7.x to 8 upgrade under our UCSS contract and I don't see  anything there.

I see 6.x to 7 upgrades, but not 7.x to 8.

I've  e-mailed to product update support team at mp-upgrades and waiting for  their answer and decided to check the forum in the meantime.

I  also checked in software download and the only thing I see there is  repair files.

In CUCM 7x section there are usual software update  files like: UCSInstall_UCOS, but in CUCM 8 section I only see recovery  files, not updates.

I spoke with my vendor and they tell that CUCM 8 is available. They've sold a few new installs.

Did anyone experienced the  same thing? Did Cisco upgrade policy changed?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

Did you find answer on the availablity of version 8 on the "PUT" website

I'm still waiting for all the answers.

Here is what I've found so far.

Cisco dealers already have some new CUCM 8 installs out there.

Upgrades however are not available yet. PUT people told me that they were expecting them last week. That didn't happen and I've followed up with another e-mail yesterday and I'm waiting for an update.

There are some release notes for upgrading from 7 to 8, but some information is incomplete. Parts of docs are just copies of 7.x documentation.

Neither there are upgrades for CCX 8 and Unity.

I'm guessing that's because of the new licensing plan and CCX going Linux contributing to these delays.

I'll update when I know more.

That is good to know.

Let us know when CUCM 8 is available on PUT.

It is available now. Ordered my upgrade this morning.

Good to know...ordering my as well