cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8 availability

phonetech
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using the product upgrade tool to find out the availability  of the CUCM 7.x to 8 upgrade under our UCSS contract and I don't see  anything there.

I see 6.x to 7 upgrades, but not 7.x to 8.

I've  e-mailed to product update support team at mp-upgrades and waiting for  their answer and decided to check the forum in the meantime.

I  also checked in software download and the only thing I see there is  repair files.

In CUCM 7x section there are usual software update  files like: UCSInstall_UCOS, but in CUCM 8 section I only see recovery  files, not updates.

I spoke with my vendor and they tell that CUCM 8 is available. They've sold a few new installs.

Did anyone experienced the  same thing? Did Cisco upgrade policy changed?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

Did you find answer on the availablity of version 8 on the "PUT" website

I'm still waiting for all the answers.

Here is what I've found so far.

Cisco dealers already have some new CUCM 8 installs out there.

Upgrades however are not available yet. PUT people told me that they were expecting them last week. That didn't happen and I've followed up with another e-mail yesterday and I'm waiting for an update.

There are some release notes for upgrading from 7 to 8, but some information is incomplete. Parts of docs are just copies of 7.x documentation.

Neither there are upgrades for CCX 8 and Unity.

I'm guessing that's because of the new licensing plan and CCX going Linux contributing to these delays.

I'll update when I know more.

That is good to know.

Let us know when CUCM 8 is available on PUT.

It is available now. Ordered my upgrade this morning.

Good to know...ordering my as well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: