Doubt about MCS 78XX Hardware

Answered Question
Mar 26th, 2010
User Badges:
  • " /> Participante em Destaque,

Prêmio"Escolha dos membros": novembro de 2014

Hi Guys,

I have the following doubt: I need to do upgrade version 4.1 to 5.1 to be using in the laboratory. I have the 03 machines

MCS-7815-I1

MCS-7825-H2

MCS-7815-I2

The link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd807329a8.html

show the MCS-7825SE.

My question is: It´s possible using any hardware informed to do the upgrade 4.1 to 5.1? I know the signficate I = IBM  H= HP, and SE?

Thanks,

Wilson Santana

Correct Answer by David Hailey about 7 years 2 months ago

Cudos to Rob, as usual.  High five (points, that is).  The SE designation that you asked about is an old server platform which was basically a custom MCS configuration geared towards small customers (less than 100 users, typically).  I don't recall if SE was the obvious designation of "Special Edition" or if it was short for "Small Business Edition" - not equivalent to today's CUCM BE but just simply being hardware geared towards small deployments like I noted above.

Of all the versions of CUCM that have come out, 5x was the first and likely the worst so I am curious as to what's driving you to want to test CUCM 5x in your lab.  If it's a matter of "this is what my hardware can support" then that would be one thing especially if it's just a lab.  However, I would not consider that version of code as an upgrade path for a production system running 4x.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Correct Answer by Rob Huffman about 7 years 2 months ago

Hi Wilson,

The 7825H2 should work

This is the "master" list for Server support, which does show support for your box in CUCM 5.1(x);

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases by Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
Rob Huffman Fri, 03/26/2010 - 13:23
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Wilson,

The 7825H2 should work

This is the "master" list for Server support, which does show support for your box in CUCM 5.1(x);

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases by Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Correct Answer
David Hailey Fri, 03/26/2010 - 14:04
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Cudos to Rob, as usual.  High five (points, that is).  The SE designation that you asked about is an old server platform which was basically a custom MCS configuration geared towards small customers (less than 100 users, typically).  I don't recall if SE was the obvious designation of "Special Edition" or if it was short for "Small Business Edition" - not equivalent to today's CUCM BE but just simply being hardware geared towards small deployments like I noted above.

Of all the versions of CUCM that have come out, 5x was the first and likely the worst so I am curious as to what's driving you to want to test CUCM 5x in your lab.  If it's a matter of "this is what my hardware can support" then that would be one thing especially if it's just a lab.  However, I would not consider that version of code as an upgrade path for a production system running 4x.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Actions

This Discussion