Doubt about MCS 78XX Hardware

Answered Question
Mar 26th, 2010

Hi Guys,

I have the following doubt: I need to do upgrade version 4.1 to 5.1 to be using in the laboratory. I have the 03 machines

MCS-7815-I1

MCS-7825-H2

MCS-7815-I2

The link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd807329a8.html

show the MCS-7825SE.

My question is: It´s possible using any hardware informed to do the upgrade 4.1 to 5.1? I know the signficate I = IBM  H= HP, and SE?

Thanks,

Wilson Santana

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by David Hailey about 6 years 10 months ago

Cudos to Rob, as usual.  High five (points, that is).  The SE designation that you asked about is an old server platform which was basically a custom MCS configuration geared towards small customers (less than 100 users, typically).  I don't recall if SE was the obvious designation of "Special Edition" or if it was short for "Small Business Edition" - not equivalent to today's CUCM BE but just simply being hardware geared towards small deployments like I noted above.

Of all the versions of CUCM that have come out, 5x was the first and likely the worst so I am curious as to what's driving you to want to test CUCM 5x in your lab.  If it's a matter of "this is what my hardware can support" then that would be one thing especially if it's just a lab.  However, I would not consider that version of code as an upgrade path for a production system running 4x.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Correct Answer by Rob Huffman about 6 years 10 months ago

Hi Wilson,

The 7825H2 should work

This is the "master" list for Server support, which does show support for your box in CUCM 5.1(x);

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases by Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
David Hailey Fri, 03/26/2010 - 14:04

Cudos to Rob, as usual.  High five (points, that is).  The SE designation that you asked about is an old server platform which was basically a custom MCS configuration geared towards small customers (less than 100 users, typically).  I don't recall if SE was the obvious designation of "Special Edition" or if it was short for "Small Business Edition" - not equivalent to today's CUCM BE but just simply being hardware geared towards small deployments like I noted above.

Of all the versions of CUCM that have come out, 5x was the first and likely the worst so I am curious as to what's driving you to want to test CUCM 5x in your lab.  If it's a matter of "this is what my hardware can support" then that would be one thing especially if it's just a lab.  However, I would not consider that version of code as an upgrade path for a production system running 4x.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Actions

This Discussion