Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubt about MCS 78XX Hardware

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I have the following doubt: I need to do upgrade version 4.1 to 5.1 to be using in the laboratory. I have the 03 machines

MCS-7815-I1

MCS-7825-H2

MCS-7815-I2

The link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd807329a8.html

show the MCS-7825SE.

My question is: It´s possible using any hardware informed to do the upgrade 4.1 to 5.1? I know the signficate I = IBM  H= HP, and SE?

Thanks,

Wilson Santana

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

The 7825H2 should work

This is the "master" list for Server support, which does show support for your box in CUCM 5.1(x);

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases by Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

Cudos to Rob, as usual.  High five (points, that is).  The SE designation that you asked about is an old server platform which was basically a custom MCS configuration geared towards small customers (less than 100 users, typically).  I don't recall if SE was the obvious designation of "Special Edition" or if it was short for "Small Business Edition" - not equivalent to today's CUCM BE but just simply being hardware geared towards small deployments like I noted above.

Of all the versions of CUCM that have come out, 5x was the first and likely the worst so I am curious as to what's driving you to want to test CUCM 5x in your lab.  If it's a matter of "this is what my hardware can support" then that would be one thing especially if it's just a lab.  However, I would not consider that version of code as an upgrade path for a production system running 4x.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

The 7825H2 should work

This is the "master" list for Server support, which does show support for your box in CUCM 5.1(x);

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases by Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Cudos to Rob, as usual.  High five (points, that is).  The SE designation that you asked about is an old server platform which was basically a custom MCS configuration geared towards small customers (less than 100 users, typically).  I don't recall if SE was the obvious designation of "Special Edition" or if it was short for "Small Business Edition" - not equivalent to today's CUCM BE but just simply being hardware geared towards small deployments like I noted above.

Of all the versions of CUCM that have come out, 5x was the first and likely the worst so I am curious as to what's driving you to want to test CUCM 5x in your lab.  If it's a matter of "this is what my hardware can support" then that would be one thing especially if it's just a lab.  However, I would not consider that version of code as an upgrade path for a production system running 4x.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: