Views
Helpful
Replies

message notification in unity 5.0

vkachale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
This is vikram.I need some help for configuration of message notification in Cisco unity 5.0.

My observation is if I leave VM for a user and the message notification is set to repeat or restart it delivers message immidiately.

1-Notification is enabled
2-it is set to restart notification 15 and initial notification 15-in this scenario IP phone immidiately got notofication
3-same with repeat notification with setting 15 min
4- What is initial notification means?
5-delay settings are set to 3-4 .

Please assist me in understanding the behavier of this.

Regards,
Vikram

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vikram,

The settings (under Subscriber Template/subscriber) are described below;

Notification Options:

Send Initial Notification After How Many Minutes

Specify the delay from the time a message is received until the message notification triggers (if the message matches the criteria selected in the Notify Subscriber Of section). You can space notifications on different devices at regular intervals, such as 15 minutes, to achieve a cascading message notification effect.

If the delay time takes the notification out to a time when the device schedule is no longer active, the notification does not take place.

The range for the delay field is 0 to 120 minutes. The default is 0 minutes.

If Device Does Not Answer

(not available for text pager or Cisco Unity Inbox notifications)

Indicate settings for the following:

•Wait for How Many Rings Before Hanging Up—Set to a minimum of 3 rings. Choose a higher number to give a subscriber more time to get to the phone.

•Try Again How Many Times—Choose a higher number to reach a subscriber who steps away from the phone briefly. Choose a lower number to avoid disturbing others.

•How Many Minutes to Wait Between Tries—Choose a higher number to reach a subscriber who is away from the phone for long periods of time.

http://72.163.4.161/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/401/administration/guide/ex/SAG_0140.html#wpxref64565

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Hi ROB,

Thanks for reply:)

My problem here us I am not able understand when repeat notification will work. I have tested with repeat and restart both and it seems both functions same way. This repeat notification timer which I give doesn’t change scenario at all.

I you have tested scenario with some timers for repeat and restart both please send me.

Cheers,

Vikram

Hi Vikram,

You are seeing this behaviour because of the Repeat setting

Repeat Notification If There Are Still New Messages After This Many Minutes—When this option is selected and a duration specified, Cisco Unity attempts notification immediately after the first message, and then initiates a notification schedule based on the specified interval.

The use of restart and repeat is really an either/or (not both) scenario.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob for update..

Suppose if I configure initial notification time to three minutes and repeat notification timer to 15 min.

Its sends me initial notification after three minutes and follows retry attempts which I have configured.Then after there are no notification.

If I leave a second voice mail during or after retry attempt of first voice mail then it cancel's the second retry attempt and send notification after three minutes not after 15 minutes and then unity will complete its retry attempts again for 2nd VM.

I am curious to know when repeat notification will trigger?

Regards,

Vikram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: