cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6.1 Extension Mobility Problem

scruickshanks
Level 1
Level 1

I have just configured extension mobility and I have the following issue.  When I press the services button my extension mobility option appears onscreen but when I press select nothing happens.  Can anyone point me in the right direction.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Usually something will happen - i.e. you get an XML parse error, a 'host not found', or maybe even the EM login prompt.

A basic checklist for actually getting a response from the service is:

1) Ensure the Extension Mobility service is activated and is actually started in control center

2) Ensure the URL is correct for your EM server-- should be:

http://:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

Put IP address in rather than hostname to rule out any DNS issues. It's also worth trying to browse to the above URL, but replacing the #DEVICENAME# string with a valid phone name (in the SEP123412341234 format) to see whether you get a response.

There are further steps in the admin guides to actually getting a login, but there's not much to actually getting the login page itself back. If it doesn't work, try to verify whether there are any ACLs or other restrictions preventing you from reaching the 8080 port on the server.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!