Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection version clarification

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We installed UC 7.0 last January 2009 and this weekend we updated to the October 2009 release of 7.0.2(a)SU2

Where can I find a doc that describes the version numbering between the OS and the Application?  Before the upgrade my Inactive Version         was 7.0.1.21020-1 and the active was a flavor of 7.0.2 that was given to us by TAC in Jan.  It was a pre-release.

Now my Inactive is still the same but my active is reporting as the October release of 7.0.2.22900-3.

So two questions

1 - How is this possible

2 - What does the ES stand for in the App version when I see it on the App web page (I realize the version of the OS is a different number scheme)

thanks

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Josh,

I dont know that there is a document that describes the version numbering...if so, I've never seen one.  However, it's always contained in the filename.  So, to answer your questions:

1) Your active partition shows the application versioning number of 7.0(2a)SU2 which is seen in the first part of the filename which is UCSInstall_UCOS_7.0.2.22900-3.  So when you upgraded, you rebooted the servers and switched partitions to the upgraded version which is why you see that as the Active version.  The inactive is the same as it was before the ugprade because the system keeps an Active and an Inactive partition.  This allows you to upgrade the inactive partition on the fly but choose not to reboot the server until a later time.  Vice versa, it allows you to roll back to a previous version if the ugpraded version is problematic.

2) ES stands for Engineering Special.  It indicates a certain patch rev of the application code.  For example the latest patch rev for Unity Connection is ES 26 so if you upgrade to 7.1(3b)SU2, the CUC web page will give you a versioning number that reflects the code contains all patches and fixes rolled up to ES26.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

The "ES" is what is throwing me.  I assumed it was Engineering Special so when we upgraded to the SU2 version, I assumes the ES would go away, but apparently everything is either ES or something else?

Yeah, the display name that you see in CUCM will include the ES number if it is a roll-up in the current release. For base or interim, releases you may see a more basic naming structure.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: