Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7 with Exchange 2003

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a Unity Connection 7.1.3 and Exchange 2003 and I had have some problems with the integration.

I configured the External Services of Unity Connection to Exchange 2003 server. I attached screenshot of the configuration. Too, I configure the SMTP in Unity, too I attached the screenshot of the configuration.

My client configured the Exchage Server follow the step of guide from Cisco.

I did some troubleshooting test of connectivity in both ways, from Unity to Exchange and Exchange to Unity. I attached the screenshot of the capture.

Can somebody help me?

Many thanks.

A greeting.

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like you have (2) issues.

IMAP is not setup on the Exchange, or it seems that way.   

Just to be clear, CUC can:

- SMTP forward messages to an email server. (Such as Exchange)  To do this, Exchange must be setup to relay the messages from CUC.  Be default, its turned off.

- CUC has the External Services, which it will read your cal, email,etc. 

- IMAP looks like it is turned off on Exchange.

Tackle each problem one by one.

- first, get SMTP working for when a voicemail gets left, it forwards a copy to Exchange. 

- Configure and test IMAP on Exchange.  Setup an Outlook client and verify IMAP works correctly.

- Im not sure on the External services with CUC.    It could be cert issue.

Cat is pretty much on point here.  You need to set up an SMTP smart host (or relay server) to relay messages to Exchange.  CUC does not do this natively.  IMAP needs to be configured and turned on on the Exchange host as Cat said.  As for external services, you need to install the root cert (from the CA) as a Connection-trust certificate via the CM Platform (OS Administration).  If you are using SSL and you don't do this, you can't validate the certificate.  Also, if you select SSL for Security Transport the value you enter must  match the server name exactly as it appears in the SSL certificate.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

You will need to follow the same steps as CUPS for the SSL cert

http://htluo.blogspot.com/2010/03/calendar-presence-with-cups-and.html

Hi,

I think that with the Cisco Unity Connection I can obtain a unified communication with Exchange server but only I can do integration with the Exchange server.

In the Client Outlook of my client I would want only appear one mail account: Exchange and Unity, but it is not possible. Appear tow accounts, one for Exchange and one for Unity.

Many thanks.

A greeting.

Its not unified messaging like it is with the other version of Unity.  With Unity (on windows) it will deliever voicemail to the inbox on the users mailbox in Exchange.

CUC can only forward a copy of the voice mail (or a few other options) to the SMTP server (Exchange) which then delivers it to the SMTP user in exchange (say joe@company.com)

The end user can also configure an IMAP session directly from their outlook client to the CUC server.   They will unfortuantly have (2) inboxes.  One from Exchange and one from CUC.  There is no work around for this.  Its how the Outlook client works with Exchange and email profiles on exchange.

We are all pushing for cisco to come up with a "unified" approach with CUC, but has yet to be seen.  (hint hint post path.. make it work cisco with CUC and exchange!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: