cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

waiting time for a call to be routed

Gilberto Marcos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys. Recently I have deployed an auto attendant using a unity call handler and cti route point in call manager 7.0. The solution works but the time that the caller has to wait for the call to be answered is to long. Is there a way to reduce this time. The time is about six to seven rings, the customer wants that the call shold be answered in two rings

the flow od the call is as follows the customer call from pstn (or internal voice network) the call is received in a cisco gateway (3845) trough 4 fxo ports.

The call is answered by the call manager an routed to the unity with the call handler .

I will appreciate the answers.

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use CFA to route it immediately or set the CFNA timer under the DN settings of the phone to a lower value.

If you're using a CTI RP i'd assume you only have CFA to VM.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to Java's advice, you may want try an adjustment in Unity and see if it helps the situation.  Is your Call Handler routed via a Routing Rule in Unity or is the extension assigned directly to the Call Handler?  If it is a Routing Rule, try moving it to the top of the preference list as Unity processes rules top-down 1x1.  Then try it with the extension assigned directly to the handler and see which you prefer.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Gilberto Marcos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys Answering to your questions, I have a route pint point

ing to the voice mail pilot in the calling search space that it belongs.

In unity I have a call handler with the extension of the cti route point on it.

I have modified the ring no anser duration to 1 but it didn´t work. The Auto attentand takes seven rings before it answer the call.

Is there anithyng else that we could modified?

Thaks for the help.

When you say you have a CTI RP pointing to the VM pilot...does this mean that you have the check box for CFWD All to VM checked or no?

Hailey

Gilberto Marcos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

No I don´t have checked the call forward all to voice mail. Do I have to check it and change the line that ask if  I use voice mail in DN section?

In this last question i put that I am not using voice mail.

If you want the call to forward directly to VM, then you should check the CFA box for voicemail. Can you send a screen shot of what you have set up? I'm not following exactly what you're doing based on this post.

Gilberto Marcos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am including the screens of the configuration.

Additional i have modified t301 to 100000  and the forward no answer in the call manager service parameters.

Thanks

Will take a look.

Hailey

Gilberto Marcos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am including the screens of the configuration.

Additional i have modified t301 to 100000  and the forward no answer in the call manager service parameters.

Thanks

And can you send similar screens of the AA setup in Unity (i.e., the Call Handler options/multiple pages is fine).

Hailey

FYI - The forward no answer timers are insignificant here because you are doing a CFA to the voicemail pilot number thereforethe no answer/busy states are never attained.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: