cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4500 - GalChassisVp-review Process.

ciscoexarmic
Level 1
Level 1

I have two identical switches - 4510 with sup v5.  The number of host that are served by each of them is nearly equal.One of them has more cpu usage then other. I troubleshot it with "High CPU Utilization on Cisco IOS Software-Based Catalyst 4500 Switches"  guide and i found out that GalChassisVp-review process on one of them utilizes at the average 12 %.  The other utilizes at the average 2%.

I can't find  any guide in order to  learn about the GalChassisVp-review process.

does anybody know bout GalChassisVp-review process? please help me.

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have two identical switches - 4510 with sup v5.  The number of host that are served by each of them is nearly equal.One of them has more cpu usage then other. I troubleshot it with "High CPU Utilization on Cisco IOS Software-Based Catalyst 4500 Switches"  guide and i found out that GalChassisVp-review process on one of them utilizes at the average 12 %.  The other utilizes at the average 2%.

I can't find  any guide in order to  learn about the GalChassisVp-review process.

does anybody know bout GalChassisVp-review process? please help me.

Hi,

GalChassisVP-review process is described as Chassis state monitoring for the chasis,check out the below link for the same :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a00804cef15.shtml

Ganesh.H

Thank you ganeshh.iye!

I had read the troubleshooting technote before I opened this discussion!  I tried oppenning this discussion in order to ask for some advice on  the troubleshooting excessive cpu usage by GalChassisVp-review Process. the technote mentioned in previous reply hasn't that kind of information.

Hi,

I`m dealing with same situation (on same HW) - target of this proccess should be 3%, but I have continously 6%. How did you deal with it?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card