cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4500 - GalChassisVp-review Process.

ciscoexarmic
Level 1
Level 1

I have two identical switches - 4510 with sup v5.  The number of host that are served by each of them is nearly equal.One of them has more cpu usage then other. I troubleshot it with "High CPU Utilization on Cisco IOS Software-Based Catalyst 4500 Switches"  guide and i found out that GalChassisVp-review process on one of them utilizes at the average 12 %.  The other utilizes at the average 2%.

I can't find  any guide in order to  learn about the GalChassisVp-review process.

does anybody know bout GalChassisVp-review process? please help me.

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have two identical switches - 4510 with sup v5.  The number of host that are served by each of them is nearly equal.One of them has more cpu usage then other. I troubleshot it with "High CPU Utilization on Cisco IOS Software-Based Catalyst 4500 Switches"  guide and i found out that GalChassisVp-review process on one of them utilizes at the average 12 %.  The other utilizes at the average 2%.

I can't find  any guide in order to  learn about the GalChassisVp-review process.

does anybody know bout GalChassisVp-review process? please help me.

Hi,

GalChassisVP-review process is described as Chassis state monitoring for the chasis,check out the below link for the same :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a00804cef15.shtml

Ganesh.H

Thank you ganeshh.iye!

I had read the troubleshooting technote before I opened this discussion!  I tried oppenning this discussion in order to ask for some advice on  the troubleshooting excessive cpu usage by GalChassisVp-review Process. the technote mentioned in previous reply hasn't that kind of information.

Hi,

I`m dealing with same situation (on same HW) - target of this proccess should be 3%, but I have continously 6%. How did you deal with it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card