Queuing in Cisco EIM

Unanswered Question
Mar 29th, 2010

We are currently deploying a Cisco Unified E-mail Interation Manager (EIM) 4.3(1) integrated with ICM 7.5.  We have a simple requirement to queue an e-mail through ICM to an IPTA (ICM Picks the agent) skill group.  We need to be able to queue an e-mail for up to 4 days (to allow for FIFO - first in first out - treatment even if the call lands after hours on a thursday evening of a 4 day weekend where agents aren't available).  We don't want to send the e-mail to a nonIPTA skill group after an hour of queuing as this defeats the purpose of having ICM integrated in our view. 

In order to queue the e-mail for, say, 5 days, I think we may need to set the MaxQueueTime registry key on the router to 432000?  Is this possible?  Is there a maximum value for MaxQueueTime? Is it likely to cause other unwanted impacts?  If not, anu suggestions as to how we would route the e-mail to allow FIFO queing assuming the contact centre is not staffed on weekends would be appreciated.

Instructions for setting the max queue time, found at:

Intended ICM Script screenshot is attached.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

That's exactly right - increase that value in the Router (default is 1 hour). You can edit the the registry while the Router is running - this field is linked through the Router to the other side, so if you change the registry on side A you will see the router trace respond, and you will see that the registry on the other side has changed. We set it to 3 days.

Also make sure that you increase the service level on the call type. You can increase the default it inherits from the Media Routing Domain, or override it and increase it on the call type.

When I do the script, I have one wait node of 3600 seconds feeding to another wait node of 3600, which loops back to the first with a few line connectors. It seems more logical to me than feeding it back into the Queue to Skill Group node - you can still have your "increment + if node" to break out to the nonIPTA label.

I actually don't use the nonIPTA business at all - you need a nonIPTA agent to pick those calls up, and that just doesn't work for me.

lohjintiam Thu, 09/16/2010 - 02:37

In a standalone system, we are able to set different push method (highest priority, most overdue, etc) which will determine which email to handle first.

In an integrated mode, will this be maintained? For example, if i want highest priority emails to be handled first is this something that needs to be configured within ICM itself?

No, the priority stuff in the stand-alone EIM version is null and void when integrated.

You must handle this in ICM, which is pretty easy. Just have different script selector / dialed numbers for each priority (these are queues in the EIM call flow) attached to the same call type, running your ICM script. Then use the DN nodes to branch on these and queue the contact in the queue to skill group node with the appropriate priority.

lohjintiam Thu, 09/16/2010 - 22:01

The cisco.cem.Priority is no longer valid?

When creating integrated queue in EIM, we're able to specify routing priority (due date [if SLA is set] & longest waiting) and queue priority (low, medium, high).

a) If i'm having 2 queues (1 for each email address), 1 queue will always be 'higher' priority (alpha order if = priority) than the other. Will there be a scenario where emails from queue A will always be routed first and only when there are no more emails in queue A, emails from queue B will be routed? Will setting higher max task list/queue depth be able to address this?

b) In regards to the routing priority, is it only meant for how new activities are delivered to UCCE or also impact how they are routed to the agents? i.e. 2 emails in queue A (email X due in 1 hour, email Y due in 2 hours); will ICM know which email to route to the agent first? Is this handled auto / needs to be scripted in ICM?

This Discussion

Related Content