Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 reboots while running CBAC

Chris McManaway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a network where we are using 2811 running CBAC to a Hosted Call Manager Network. The 2811 is located in a centralised Data Centre, which connects to remote sites via MPLS network. We have had power issues (20 second outage) at one of the remote sites where the phones are located, switching at that site is 6500 with PoE switch modules. When this site has a power outage the 2811 reloads unexpectedly here is reboot message on the router.

System returned to ROM by bus error at PC 0x4437D078, address 0x50000000 at 03:03:26 UTC Mon Mar 29 2010

I don't think its traffic related to all trhe phones rergistering which is 140. As when I do a controlloed reset phones at another remote site whhich is another 150. That make 290 that register all together.

Call Manager version is 6.1.3

Router IOS is 12.4(21)T1

We are running BGP through the firewall to get to the hosted platform

Any Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Chris,

you can post sh ver and the crash info file  into cisco output intepreter tool to get an analysis of the issue

use dir /all to see the recent crash info files saved in flash

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for your help. The Show ver goes into the output analyser and gives me an output re memory area tried to be accessed that is outside of memory range....

The Crash is not accepted by the tool. The only supported file close to this is Show crashdump which does not exist on the 2800 platform.

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card