cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

looking for help(Warning: monitor nvram area is corrupt ... using default values------about the ace20 module)

viking2012
Level 1
Level 1

hi,everyone:

i meet some problems after i upgraded the os of ace module.  in order to run with VSS, i upgraded the ace's version(1.0 to 3.0),in the beginning,it seems good ...but ,when i power on again,it can not work correctly..at last ,i used the console of the ace module to login.and my screen appears below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: monitor nvram area is corrupt ... using default values
Please execute the 'sync' command
Sync will restore the default config(nvram) contents
Failure to do so, may result in corrupt nvram
.ACE platform with 1048576 Kbytes of main memory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now...when i  power enable the module...it jsut can run with rommon mode..so i cant login with session slot x pro x command

AND ..without the ACL(console permit),,,i also cant login  with the console of ace module.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is anybody here know what i should do next...

thx for your help....

7 Replies 7

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, but I don't understand what is the current status ?

Are you in rommon ?

Or normal prompt ?

Gilles

thx for your help..

now,i can't login to ace module...because it's in rommon mode..

and i can't login to ace by both the console of sup720 and ace module ...

but why i know i m in the rom mode ...

at first, i use the command "power enable xxxx" to power on the ace module(the led light will not be green,but stay in orange) and then..i use my console cable can get a little bit boot information from the console port of ace module

"Warning: monitor nvram area is corrupt ... using default values
Please execute the 'sync' command
Sync will restore the default config(nvram) contents
Failure to do so, may result in corrupt nvram
.ACE platform with 1048576 Kbytes of main memory
"

when the above information come to an end,,,ace module will be  rommon mode(rommon1>) always..  and then ,i can not see any echo message anymore,also can i type any rommon commands(without the ACL to permit console login)

=============================================================================================================

here are some information about sup-720:(ace is in slot 7...switch 2 slot 7 is ok.)

"

Warning: enabling multiple VLAN interfaces may result in traffic bypassing the ACE Module - use with caution!Please note switch 1 slot 7 is empty, the configuration is accepted.
Please note switch 1 slot 7 is empty, the configuration is accepted.

%EEM: Duplicate registration: Mandatory.go_switchbus.tcl is already registered.

Press RETURN to get started!

"

now....i just want to know how to resume my ace module............it drivers me crazy...T_T   T_T

dear Gilles...can u give me some suggestion.........thxthxthxthxthxthxthxthxthxthxthxthxthxthxthxthxthxthx

Your nvram got most probably erased and therefore there is no config so ACE does not know which image to start probably.

Do a 'dir disk0:' from rommon.

If you can see an ACE image.

Do 'boot disk0:' and then after that a 'reset' still from romon.

Gilles.

If I am reading the question correctly, then I am having same issue with an ACE 10 in my lab. I cannot access the ACE through the session command, and when I physically console into the module itself I can't type anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACE platform with 1048576 Kbytes of main memory

Autoboot: failed, boot string  not found
rommon 1 >

----------------------------------

When I am consoled into the ACE, nothing I type shows up. Not sure if it's a console setting, or what

Mod MAC addresses                       Hw    Fw           Sw           Status
--- ---------------------------------- ------ ------------ ------------ -------
  1  0011.21b5.6a20 to 0011.21b5.6a23   4.1   8.1(3)       12.2(18)SXF9 Ok
  2  0019.e78f.4278 to 0019.e78f.427f   1.3   Unknown      Unknown      Other

Hi Josh,

The fact that you see anything on your console is a good sign.  This just means that the communication from your PC isn't getting to the ACE, but communication from the ACE is making it to your PC.  Here are the settings I use in the lab (using HyperTerminal):

9600 bits per second

8 Data bits

Parity: None

Stop Bits:  1

Flow Control:  Xon / Xoff

Hope that helps,

Sean

Thanks for suggesting that. I just got a new PC and just installed Secure CRT yesterday and hadn't thought of checking that. This ACE10 used to be running SBC code. Is there any issue with just changing it to A2(3.1)?

Hi Josh,

I'm not sure if there will be any issues changing to ACE code.  I wouldn't expect any problems since it is the same hardware platform.  Let us know how it goes.

I don't know what an SBC does, but I bet the hardware will be much happier with ACE software on it    (I hope)

Thanks,

Sean

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: