Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Management within MARS

david.enenkel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

what kind of asset management possibilities (Exporting ; Reports, Tagging..)  do i have in the MARS for the Security and Monitoring Devices ?

We search for a way to check if all our defined devices are included within the MARS .

all the very best

Dave

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can generate report and export it as CSV as follows:

Query/Reports tab --> Report tab --> Add --> Next --> View Type: CSV --> Next --> Next --> click on the link Report type --> under Result Format: choose: Reporting Device Ranking.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reponds. Generating this report only shows devices which have reported an event to the MARS. there are also not too many details about the device within the CSV ( e.g. IP address is missing).

Any other ideas ?

Greets

Dave

This will show you the inactive device that is reporting to MARS (so you get the other part that you couldn't get earlier):

Query/Reports --> Query --> the top drop down list, choose "All", the second drop down list, choose "Inactive CS-MARS reporting device" --> Run as Report.

Unfortunately there is no one report to list all the devices in MARS.

Hi,

why you can't use NFS?

It's simple

My mistake I posted in wrong discussion.

My apologies

are there any plans to improve this topic in future releases ?

with the inactive devices it would be nice if we could enhance the time frame. at the moment it is defined to 60 min in the rule (fix)

@Mykola : what do you mean with the NFS option. As i know you can only backup the MARS over this way. Is there a way to get the data out of the backup files ?

greets

Dave