Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7940 via CME on Cisco 2621XM

jeffreysims83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm using Internode for my VOIP which is fed into the Cisco 2621XM  router via SIP. The Cisco 7940 is connected via standard 100mbps  ethernet LAN.

I work from home for a company that uses the Avaya IP agent so I  entered the standard FNN / PSTN number for my IP phone which is  038772XXXX and it rings my phone to hand me the calls I would take  should I be at a normal desk.

People ringing have noted that they struggle to hear me using the  Plantronics CS60 headset which is specifically designed for the Cisco  7940 handset.

Is there a way I can amplify the voice in the CME config on the  2621XM or on the Cisco IP phone?

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appriciated because the  Cisco phone has the CS60 lifter built in so it answers/hangs up using  the button on my headset! which is like totally awesome.

thanks guys

Yes I know Avaya is the devil but thats what my work use and I'm not giving away a high paying part time job

This is my Cisco project I'm slowly replacing everything with Cisco because I'm a CCNA student currently.

Cheers for any help you guys can give.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeffrey,

How is the mic volume when using the handset?? Have you tried

(I'm sure you have) adjusting the mic settings on the CS60 Base Station?

There are settings on the back that will boost just the mic on the CS60.

Let us know,

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeffrey,

How is the mic volume when using the handset?? Have you tried

(I'm sure you have) adjusting the mic settings on the CS60 Base Station?

There are settings on the back that will boost just the mic on the CS60.

Let us know,

Rob

Hi Rob,

I just changed those settings using this http://www.plantronics.com/media/media_resources/interactive/GB_CS60.html funky little guide to the base and the settings. I did a test with my housemates mobile phone and he could hear me loud and clear and he was in the other room.

So tomorrow at 6pm (Melbourne time) will be the big test, I'll be quite pleased if I can use the VOIP line instead of the hardline. Because the splitter keeps interfering with the ADSL as they do

If this works, you are a god and a prince amongst men

Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

You are most welcome my friend!

It should work

Let us know how you make out,

Rob

Hi Guys,

Confirmed and works. Option C on the Mic settings. Works lovely.

Thanks Rob

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: