Views
Helpful
Replies

CFwdALL

Ahmed Yassin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

When any IP phone user forword all his calls to his mobile he just press CFwdALL button and type his mobile number from phone set.

If this user has CSS with a code, no call forword will be done, and if i adjust it for him from CCM interface to put him in front of CFwdALL field in CSS with a code, so, what is the solution to be done from user side from any work from my side on CCM itsself.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ahmed,

Just to add a quick note to the great tips from my friends Java and Hailey

+5 points each guys for your great follow-up here

You can still accomplish this with CCM 4.2(3) or at least you should be able to;

Lets say you have 3 levels of restriction and that you did follow the great

suggestions to create new "Non-FAC" - RP's. So you have;

CSS - Restricted (based on the usual FAC being applied to user calling)

CSS - Onsite (can only call other 4-digit onsite phones)

and the newly created;

CSS - Unrestricted (that relates to the new "Non-FAC" - RP's)

On the user phone that you are trying to setup for CFWDALL to numbers

that would usually apply the FAC restriction.

Set the Calling Search Space @ the device Level to CSS - Restricted and then

under the Directory Number Config > CFWDALL > set the Calling Search Space

to CSS - Unrestricted.

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to elaborate on what code you're referring to.

If this is FAC or CMC it's expected it won't work and you need to create a new set of RP without FAC/CMC and use them for call forward CSS

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes that is what i exactly mean

I refer to FAC.

I already configure some CSS without code and others with code, my question concern the user which has CSS with a code how he will forword to his mobile from his IP phone without any involving from me as done with user which has CSS without a code.

Or how to create a new set of RP without FAC and use them for call forward CSS

Create a copy of the RP you use but don't check the FAC option and put it in a new partition, create a new CSS to access that partition and whatever other partitions you might need for internal calls.

Then use that CSS in the CFA CSS of the phone.

HTH

java

HTH

java

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you are talking about FAC codes which don't work when you try to do CFwdAll.  The calling behavior is to dial the digit string, wait for a tone indicating that the FAC code needs to be entered, and then enter the FAC code.  With CFwdAll, all of the digits are sent at once.

For CFwdAll, you should use a CSS (or various CSS's) that allow users to dial what is necessary without FAC.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

FAC doesn't work with call forwarding, this is expected behavior.  You need to provide these users with a CFWD All CSS that includes the patterns that they need to dial but without requiring FAC.  Essentially, the same thing you are doing for other users that they don't need to dial FAC codes - they need this access but only for CFWD All dialing access.

Hailey

ok Thanks a lot.

But, for the last question:

That is mean i have to force this user to change his CSS everytime he want to forword his calls to his mobile on the CCM, otherwords the user has to call me to change the CSS for him....That is right.

Sorry, for a lot of questions.

Why do you feel you would need to change the CFWD All CSS everytime the user has to forward their phone?  Is there some reason that you feel you can't leave this as a static configuration?  Typically, you use a tiered approach to this in terms of CSS - i.e., Guest (internal only), Local (Internal + Local), Long Distance (Internal + Local + LD), and so on.  If the user is allowed to forward to the number, then why should it be excluded from their standard CFWD All CSS?

Hailey

Sorry, i mean if user has CSS on his line with code and press CfwdALL, it will be forworded to the line and take the CSS by default of the line and the field of CSS in front of CFwdall feature on CCM on his line will be empty.

To make his line fwd with no problem, i have to choose the other CSS (without code) in the field of CSS in front of CFwdall feature on CCM which means it will be done with me not the end user.

I hope i can explain my problem well.

This is where your CSS Activation Policies come in on CUCM 6x and above.  For example, the default is to use "With Configured CSS".  So, you can have a device CSS and then a line level CSS that implies COR (class of restriction for the line).  Then on the CFA CSS configurations, the primary CSS is used to set a COR for CFWD All (i.e., Local) and then the secondary CSS is set to the device level CSS.  So for users that need to forward to what would be long distance (or numbers they dial FAC for at a line level), you would set the primary CSS for CFA to a non-FAC COR CSS (i.e., LD) and then the secondary to device level CSS.  Give it a shot and see how it behaves.  I believe you'll find you can make this work unless you're doing something different with your typical dial plan configuration.

Hailey

This is the explanation of the field Hailey mentioned:

This parameter determines the calling search space that is used  when Call Forward All (CFA) is activated through the CFwdAll softkey on  the phone. Valid values include:
With Configured CSS - the primary  and secondary CFA Calling Search Space is used. Note that the primary  CSS and secondary CSS on line page will not be updated when activating  CFA on a phone.
With Activating Device/Line CSS - the primary and  secondary CFA Calling Search Space will be updated with primary line  Calling Search Space and activating Device Calling Search Space. Note  that the primary CSS and secondary CSS on line page will be updated when  activating CFA on a phone, where primaryCSS = lineCSS, and  secondaryCSS=device CSS. Special cases include the following:
1. if   lineCSS=null, then primaryCSS=null, and secondaryCSS=device CSS
2. if  deviceCSS=null, then secondaryCSS=null, and primaryCSS = lineCSS
3.  if lineCSS=deviceCSS, then primaryCSS=lineCSS, secondaryCSS=null.
This is a required field.
Default:                  With Configured CSS

HTH

java

HTH

java

Sorry for all of you for misunderstanding as my CCM version is 4.2(3), so, I can't follow up with your suggestions.

Thanks a lot for your great effort.

Hi Ahmed,

Just to add a quick note to the great tips from my friends Java and Hailey

+5 points each guys for your great follow-up here

You can still accomplish this with CCM 4.2(3) or at least you should be able to;

Lets say you have 3 levels of restriction and that you did follow the great

suggestions to create new "Non-FAC" - RP's. So you have;

CSS - Restricted (based on the usual FAC being applied to user calling)

CSS - Onsite (can only call other 4-digit onsite phones)

and the newly created;

CSS - Unrestricted (that relates to the new "Non-FAC" - RP's)

On the user phone that you are trying to setup for CFWDALL to numbers

that would usually apply the FAC restriction.

Set the Calling Search Space @ the device Level to CSS - Restricted and then

under the Directory Number Config > CFWDALL > set the Calling Search Space

to CSS - Unrestricted.

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Thanks a lot for your care

That is what i am doing now, for any user want to CFwdALL with code, i adjusted for him by my self on CCM as you showed me in the last steps.

Thanks again a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: