cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE Segmented Meeting Access (SMA)

mtmachen
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to install SMA on MPE 2.1.1.2 with no success.  Let me begin by saying the docwiki documentation is dreadful.  I have installed the 2nd server license but I'm confused on which IP address and which NIC on the 2nd server should be the SMA address and whether or not the first server should have the DNS name or IP address within the SMA configuration.  Also, I understand NAT does not work.  Here is my setup.  The second server is in our DMZ.  We have a internet facing address but internally I have a NAT translation.  I also have a second internal IP address.

Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SMA server requires two NICs, IP addresses, and public DNS entries. They are used in the same fashion as the internal server: one for the Adobe Breeze interface and one for everything else. I do not believe that you can have NAT between the SMA and internal servers; however, you can statically NAT the SMA server to an external IP address.

Here's an example setup:

NOTE: You must name the servers to be whatever you want users to type  into the browser. This is mildly irrittating as it does not typcally  match corporate server naming standards.

• SMA Server
    • NIC 1
      • IP: 10.10.10.10 statically NATed to
      • Public DNS: meet.domain.com which resolves to
      • Internal DNS (for SMA and internal server): meet.domain.com which resolves to 10.10.10.10
    • NIC 2 (Adobe Breeze)
      • IP: 10.10.10.11 statically NATed to
      • Public DNS: meet-rtmp.domain.com which resolves to
      • Internal DNS (for SMA and internal server): meet-rtmp.domain.com which resolves to 10.10.10.11
  • Internal Server
    • NIC 1
      • IP: 10.10.20.10
      • Internal DNS: meet.domain.local which resolves to 10.10.20.10
    • NIC 2
      • IP: 10.10.20.11
      • Internal DNS: meet-rtmp.domain.local which resolves to 10.10.20.11

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SMA server requires two NICs, IP addresses, and public DNS entries. They are used in the same fashion as the internal server: one for the Adobe Breeze interface and one for everything else. I do not believe that you can have NAT between the SMA and internal servers; however, you can statically NAT the SMA server to an external IP address.

Here's an example setup:

NOTE: You must name the servers to be whatever you want users to type  into the browser. This is mildly irrittating as it does not typcally  match corporate server naming standards.

• SMA Server
    • NIC 1
      • IP: 10.10.10.10 statically NATed to
      • Public DNS: meet.domain.com which resolves to
      • Internal DNS (for SMA and internal server): meet.domain.com which resolves to 10.10.10.10
    • NIC 2 (Adobe Breeze)
      • IP: 10.10.10.11 statically NATed to
      • Public DNS: meet-rtmp.domain.com which resolves to
      • Internal DNS (for SMA and internal server): meet-rtmp.domain.com which resolves to 10.10.10.11
  • Internal Server
    • NIC 1
      • IP: 10.10.20.10
      • Internal DNS: meet.domain.local which resolves to 10.10.20.10
    • NIC 2
      • IP: 10.10.20.11
      • Internal DNS: meet-rtmp.domain.local which resolves to 10.10.20.11

mtmachen
Level 1
Level 1

Exactly what I needed.  Much clearer than docwiki!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: