cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Minimum Admin User rights needed to add SURL to a phone in CUCM?

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have given 'Standard CCM Phone Administration' and "Standard READ ONLY" group rights to a colleague so he can update phones, change names, add MAC addresses etc.  However, he is unable to see the 'save' button when he tries to add a SURL to a phone line button. (Pic attached).

What additional rights assigment do i need to make to his End User Account to allow him to do this? I am reluctant to simply add the 'Administrator' right assignment because that will allow him access to all the CUCM settings which might not be ideal until he has had more training and exposure to the product.

There are about twenty default groups that can be selected in CUCM - which additional one do i need? Currently running CUCM 6.1(2)

Rgds

4 Replies 4

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Pic added.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

He cannot save anything because he's a READ ONLY user as you just said. Thus, he can only look at the config.

He needs UPDATE privileges to do and save changes.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

He was in the read only group - i then added the 'Phone Administration Group' which lets him create phones, change names etc etc. He therefore has the corrct level of rights (or so i thought). However, he cannot 'save' the Ext Mobility SURL line setting - there is no save button. I have removed he read only group and this makes no difference, indeed it means he then CANNOT look at additional bits anymore with just read only rights. He can still admin phones but still doesnt get the save buttion in the SURL window.

There must be another Admin based group that will allow him to add SURL's other than the main Admin group?  Is there?

Hi

Sounds like he doesn't have the correct stuff assigned to the default roles.

Take a look at the roles that are related to the Phone Admin Group, then look at the 'read/update' privileges that are assigned to those roles. You might find that the rights to the Phone Service Subscription page haven't been assigned.

You can't edit the default roles/groups, so what you may need to do is copy the Phone Admin Group and give it a new name.

Then create a new role, and assign it the 'read/update' privileges to the 'Phone Service Subscription' page (might not be worded exactly like that, but each page should be listed and selectable).

Then add the new role to the custom Phone Admin Group you created.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: