Dual Radio WGB and LWAPP Controller

Unanswered Question
Mar 29th, 2010

Hallo everyone,

I have a wireless network managed by a 4402 controller with this sw version :

The client wants to add a stand alone wgb (cisco 1242 with an ios 12.4(21) ). The standalone ap associate to an LWAPP AP using the 5Ghz interface and propagate the same ssid at 2.4Ghz (I've also tried using a different ssid ). Actually the WGB is the only AP using that SSID at 2.4Ghz. As for the wired clients of the WGB I have no problems but if the client associate to the 2.4 Ghz SSID, I see it associated on the controller but no traffic from or to the client is allowed.

If for any case, the 5Ghz interface is resetted and the association betweeen the WGB and the controller is reformed, the 2.4Ghz client starts receiving and receiving traffic.

Any idea how to set things up from the the first association?

The wgb ssid is not set as infrastructure-client and the controller correclty identify it as a WGB client. In the same way the controller correclty see the 2.Ghz client like a wired client of the WGB but unless the association b.t.w the WGB and the controller is reset, no traffic reach the client.

I think that may be a problem related to how the IAPP protocol notify the presence of a client to WGB but I don't know how to work things out.. any idea?

Thank you in advance!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode