cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP maximum user count

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

So I AD integrated UCM (6.1) and I see 3300 end users. Now when I flip over to CUP (7.0) I only see 1,062 users....

My fear is that I have hit a limit on the box, but my hope is that someone has a work around.

It is a 7825 which has a user limit of 1,000, but I had assumed that the limit was based on the number of CUP/CUPC enabled users and not on the total user count.

I really hope there is a workaround.

Thanks,

-Scott

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please clarify what you mean by CUP only sees 1062 users?  CUPS or CUPC?   In CUPS, I thought that the user list would only show the users you flagged in CUCM with the CUPS/CUPC feature.  IOW, users are only replicated when they are enabled for CUPS use.  At least, that is my understanding.

From an LDAP query perspective.  I believe this is done by CUPC (even though CUPS has a the LDAP search string specified).

The question I have:  How many users in CUCM are enabled with the CUPS/CUPC feature?  Is it 1062?

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Im talking about CUP 7 and just looking at "end users", in CUP 6 you are correct we only see CUP/CUPC enabled users. In 7 I am seeing the entire directory or at least 1,062 of them.

So I have 38 CUP enabled users in the 1,062, yet there are 50 some CUP enabled users in the UCM user directory.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Where do you see this user count?

How many users have you got enabled for CUPC? As in licenses assigned in CCM?

Pick a user who isn't shown on CUPC, and give them a license... then see if they appear in CUPS (possibly in 'Unassigned Users' on the topology page if you don't see them wherever you are looking now).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Okay I just restarted the Sync Agent service and suddenly all 3341 users are showing up in CUP.

Admittedly I feel kinda silly for not trying that earlier.

Thanks for the input though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: