Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCC SNR and parallel hunt group behavior

I know this is behavior by design but thought it would be worth pointing this out. Hopefully it can be adjusted in a future release.

If I have a UCC SNR user who's SNR rule is set to pick up in 0 seconds that is also a part of a call blast group, UCC will pick up the call and process for SNR whenever the blast group pilot is called.

Conversely,  when using IOS SNR and the same blast group is called, SNR does not kick in for the user until the call is transferred to them or if they are called directly.

It would make sense for the Call Connector server to align with this same behavior. Are there any plans for this in an upcoming version?

Cole

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have identified an enhancement that makes the default CFNA for Phones (default is 8 today) greater than the default for IOS SNR Call Blast groups (default is 16 today).

Considering 5 rings is a better interpretation of Telcordia GR-586-CORE as a recommended default.

In North America, the standard ring cadence is "2-4", or two seconds of ringing followed by four seconds of silence so 6x5 = 30.

But in Australia and the UK, the standard ring cadence is 400 ms on, 200 ms off, 400 ms on, 2000 ms off so 3x5 = 15.

We may use 20  seconds for Individual lines as a default to work better and work with IOS SNR.

What are you thinking for UCC SNR?

I was thinking of some sort of mechanism in UCC that would not pick up a call and process for SNR if the called number is the pilot of a hunt group.

We have a blast hunt group with a 15 second timeout to the AA. Users in this blast group all use IOS SNR with a delay of 8 and timeout of 16 to VM.  When someone calls the blast group pilot number SNR doesn't kick in until the call is transferred to the user or if the user is called directly.