cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA Calling restrictions on FXS ports

cmonks
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a site with two analog phones in the FXS ports, and they should only be allowed to call internally and emergency. I don't see a way to configure this on the 'analog extensions' tab in CCA 2.2.2, and in the CLI i see CCA just has the ports setup with a station-id. it doesnt look like i can put a corlist on the voice ports. What is the recommended way to do this?

My goal here (for once) is to try to keep CCA working at a site without breaking it with lots of CLI code.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If they are configured as user Mode Phones, they will show up in Voice window.  And you select it and adjust it as you can see here:

(click the picture to enlarge it)Analog_restriction.GIF

The issue is that they weren't showing up in that list. I think they are listed under the 'analog extensions' tab as 'common area phones'. How do i tell CCA to set them back to user mode?

Same place you were...click on 'common area' in that GUI and you will see 'user Mode' there too.  Then you have to assign them user names and passwords back in the User Extension tab, and they will get voice mail boxes and be able to do features (using Feature Access Codes too; 'show telephony-service fac' to see them.

actually i had to go to Ports, Analog Port Settings and change them from common to user.

So that set them to user mode phones, and they disappeared under the 'analog exensions' tab. The issue now is that they do not exist under the 'user extensions' tab either. Looks like it created new DNs for them, but didnt create ephones.

So, how do i force it to create ephones for those analog ports?

ok, fixed that. looks like it was trying to register the ephones, but there were no blank ephones created. so i created two new ephones and assigned the MACs from the voice ports, then reloaded CCA and it picked up the analog extensions.

Then i got this error, couldn't apply the extension and VM settings, then gave up and went back to CLI. Maybe i'll try CCA again when it hits version 3

++: DEBUG: Mon Mar 29 16:36:16 PDT 2010 : ***** Button number = 1
Exception in thread "Thread-191" java.lang.StackOverflowError
at sun.awt.AppContext.get(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getSystemEventQueueImplPP(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getSystemEventQueueImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getEventQueue(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.isDispatchThread(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.isEventDispatchThread(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.revalidate(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$RootView.preferenceChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.View.preferenceChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.PlainView.updateDamage(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.PlainView.insertUpdate(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$RootView.insertUpdate(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$UpdateHandler.insertUpdate(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.fireInsertUpdate(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.handleInsertString(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.insertString(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.PlainDocument.insertString(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JTextArea.append(Unknown Source)
at com.cisco.cpnm.launcher.ConsoleManager$ConsoleFrame.appendText(ConsoleManager.java:580)
at com.cisco.cpnm.launcher.ConsoleManager$LogStream.write(ConsoleManager.java:220)
at java.io.OutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at java.io.PrintStream.write(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.writeBytes(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implFlushBuffer(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implFlush(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(Unknown Source)
at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedWriter.flush(Unknown Source)
at java.io.PrintWriter.newLine(Unknown Source)
at java.io.PrintWriter.println(Unknown Source)
at java.io.PrintWriter.println(Unknown Source)
at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.util.MessageDebug.printTimeStamp(MessageDebug.java:65)
at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.util.MessageDebug.printDebug(MessageDebug.java:35)
at com.cisco.cpnm.features.mcebu.defn.voiceipphone.IPPhoneParamUiImpl$IPPhoneEntry1.getPhoneData(IPPhoneParamUiImpl.java:4716)
at com.cisco.cpnm.features.mcebu.defn.voiceipphone.IPPhoneParamUiImpl$IPPhoneEntry1.getEPhoneDNfromCache(IPPhoneParamUiImpl.java:4219)
at com.cisco.cpnm.features.mcebu.defn.voiceipphone.IPPhoneParamUiImpl$IPPhoneEntry1.getPhoneData(IPPhoneParamUiImpl.java:4788)
at com.cisco.cpnm.features.mcebu.defn.voiceipphone.IPPhoneParamUiImpl$IPPhoneEntry1.getEPhoneDNfromCache(IPPhoneParamUiImpl.java:4219)
at com.cisco.cpnm.features.mcebu.defn.voiceipphone.IPPhoneParamUiImpl$IPPhoneEntry1.getPhoneData(IPPhoneParamUiImpl.java:4788)

etc

etc

etc

I think that if we want to get to the bottom of why that happened to you, we should have you open a case with SBSC (if UC540/UC560) or TAC (if UC520).

There are some things, if done with CLI, that CCA wont like, as documented in the OOB CLI Guide found on this community.   Its hard for me to tell why it dumped like it did on you without having alot more information and data, but I can assure you that what I asked you to try, I did first in my own lab running 8-0-1 bundle with CCA 2.2.2 and it worked fine.

I am sorry you are having trouble.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: